Behaviour Digital and Starbreeze Publishing just released this image today showing off the roadmap they have planned for Dead By Daylight over the next calendar year, which includes four more killer, survivors, and maps on the way. We have a snippet of the info they released this afternoon, but the short version is that they’ll be adding a ton of new content for the game’s third year of operation to keep players coming back for more. The plan reminds us a lot of what Ubisoft did for Rainbow Siege Six, which has worked out wonderfully for them as the game has grown their fanbase back with special events and new additions. If this plan works out correctly, it could bring in many new players as well as former players who may have moved onto Friday The 13th.
Here is a short breakdown of our plan, highlighting all the new assets and quality of life changes we have coming to our own horror story:
- 4 new survivors
- 4 new killers
- 4 new maps
- A new progression system allowing players to unlock non-licensed survivors and killers by playing actively
- New paid cosmetic items that won’t impact the gameplay with most of them unlockable by playing too, whether you play a lot or more casually.
- A new ranking system for a more meaningful, more inclusive and more rewarding progress.
- A new deployment process to trial new features and content on PC first, using PTB, meaning we can push it to all platforms as soon as it feels ready, rather than as soon as we can.
- An anti-cheat reinforcement to help make Dead by Daylight a better place for all players.
- A tutorial mode to improve new players’ onboarding and allow anyone to brush up their skills before going into ranked games.
- Better tools to handle toxicity
- Dedicated mid-chapter patches to make sure the content is as clean as possible, to look at some of the balancing element, but also to add quality of life improvements and polish when needed