Behaviour Digital and Starbreeze Publishing just released this image today showing off the roadmap they have planned for Dead By Daylight over the next calendar year, which includes four more killer, survivors, and maps on the way. We have a snippet of the info they released this afternoon, but the short version is that they’ll be adding a ton of new content for the game’s third year of operation to keep players coming back for more. The plan reminds us a lot of what Ubisoft did for Rainbow Siege Six, which has worked out wonderfully for them as the game has grown their fanbase back with special events and new additions. If this plan works out correctly, it could bring in many new players as well as former players who may have moved onto Friday The 13th.
Here is a short breakdown of our plan, highlighting all the new assets and quality of life changes we have coming to our own horror story:
- 4 new survivors
- 4 new killers
- 4 new maps
- A new progression system allowing players to unlock non-licensed survivors and killers by playing actively
- New paid cosmetic items that won’t impact the gameplay with most of them unlockable by playing too, whether you play a lot or more casually.
- A new ranking system for a more meaningful, more inclusive and more rewarding progress.
- A new deployment process to trial new features and content on PC first, using PTB, meaning we can push it to all platforms as soon as it feels ready, rather than as soon as we can.
- An anti-cheat reinforcement to help make Dead by Daylight a better place for all players.
- A tutorial mode to improve new players’ onboarding and allow anyone to brush up their skills before going into ranked games.
- Better tools to handle toxicity
- Dedicated mid-chapter patches to make sure the content is as clean as possible, to look at some of the balancing element, but also to add quality of life improvements and polish when needed
- Dead By Daylight Devs Make a New Game Called Deathgarden
- Ubisoft Releases Details for the First Season of Steep
- Leaving Friday The 13th: The Game Early Will Now Put You in the Salt Mines
- Dean Evans Leaves Ubisoft After New Project is Shelved
- Dead By Daylight Launch Their Own Lunar Event
- From Spongebob to Spider-Man to Silicon Valley: Home Releases from the Last Quarter of 2017
- Dead By Daylight Shows Off The New Saw Chapter Highlights In New Video
- We Finally Get A Look At The Saw Killer In Dead By Daylight
- Jigsaw Teased As The Next Dead By Daylight Killer
- What’s In The Box?!: Loot Gaming – April 2018 - April 24, 2018
- Check Out the Latest Video Game Releases for April 24-30, 2018 - April 24, 2018
- Twitch Announces New Monetization with Bits in Extensions - April 23, 2018
- Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia Releases New Trailer at England’s Inception - April 23, 2018
- Skydance Interactive Announces Archangel: Hellfire with New Trailer - April 23, 2018