HBO is ramping up their marketing for the upcoming sophomore season of Westworld. After setting up the town of Sweetwater 17 miles outside of South By Southwest (SXSW) this year, it seemed like it would maybe be a while before the next big push by the cable network.
This morning, a new poster for season 2 was released, stating “Chaos Takes Control”:
That buzzard is creepy AF.
Also, there was the launch of a new Westworld website, as posted by series star Evan Rachel Wood:
— #EvanRachelWould (@evanrachelwood) March 22, 2018
The link takes you to a bot who answers questions about the park, and responds in a live chat format:
“Experience the first vacation destination where you can live without limits. Westworld is a meticulously crafted and artfully designed park offering an unparalleled, immersive world where you have the freedom to become who you’ve always wanted to be—or who you never knew you were. Exist free of rules, laws or judgment. No impulse is taboo.
Our hosts are here to fulfill your every desire. They look forward to serving you.”
It’s a little disconcerting, but fans should definitely check it out.
There was also a tease posted today by Jimmi Simpson, but the timing would signal the ‘news’ was about Aeden:
— Jimmi Simpson (@jimmisimpson) March 22, 2018
My personal favorite thing on the new site is this map of Westworld:
The HBO series returns on April 22nd for its second season, and we’re pretty excited to see what happens next.
- That New Westworld Area Is Called The Raj
- Let's Talk About Westworld Season 2 Episode 3, "Virtu e Fortuna"
- HBO Renews Westworld For a Season 3
- Let's Talk About Westworld Season 2 Episode 2, "Reunion"
- Let's Talk About Westworld Season 2 Premiere, "Journey Into Night"
- Here Are the 44th Annual Saturn Awards Nominations
- Westworld Stars Evan Rachel Wood, James Marsden Do Carpool Karaoke at #SXSW
- [#SXSW] Walk Through the Real-Life Westworld at South by Southwest
- 'Red Sparrow' Director Francis Lawrence Talks Reboot Battlestar Galactica Film
- Evan Rachel Wood Joins 2018 Celebrating David Bowie Tour
- [Super Bowl 52] Westworld Season 2 First Trailer Releases
- All the Glorious Science Fiction TV You Can (and Should) Watch This Year
- Fahrenheit 451: HBO Releases Teaser for Ray Bradbury Adaptation
- Westworld Season 2: Evan Rachel Wood Teases Spring 2018 Premiere
- ‘Bond 25’ Director Cary Fukunaga on Franchise Past, Present, Future - December 11, 2018
- Bruce Campbell Says He’d Host The Oscars - December 11, 2018
- Robert Rodriguez Shares New ‘Alita: Battle Angel’ Poster - December 11, 2018
- ‘Drunk History’ Tackles “The Creation of Frankenstein” in 2019 - December 11, 2018
- Luke’s Lightsaber Pulled from Auction, Mark Hamill Responds - December 11, 2018