The days of aliens are far from over on Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD. Just because the team is back in modern day, doesn’t mean the galactic elements of the season are done — they have announced the casting of Craig Parker in the role of Taryan, a formidable wheeler-dealer from another planet. Parker will make his debut near the end of the current fifth season.
Word has been that the producers and writers, unsure of the series fate after this season, are setting up the season finale to also work as a series finale. How the introduction of Taryan will work into that remains to be seen, but since they are trying to find ways to save Phil Coulson (Clark Gregg), alien technology may be the answer.
Parker has had a wide variety of roles, some of the most notable being Draken Rahl in Legend of the Seeker, Glaber in Spartacus: War of the Damned, and Lord Chancellor Stéphane Narcisse in the CW series Reign.
There are two Taryn’s in Marvel history so far. Taryn O’Connell was a truck driver who debuted in the series US1 when Marvel thought do a comic about truck drivers was a good idea. And there’s Taryn Fujioka, a normal girl who has a crush on Scott Summers in X-Men Evolution cartoon. Neither of these women seem to be a good match for the description of the new Taryn… unless they’re an intergalactic truck driver.
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018