Following up on the 2016 comic Bruce Lee: The Dragon Rises, Darby Pop plans to publish another Bruce Lee one-shot next week by Nicole Dubuc and Brandon McKinney with a cover from John Haun. Called Bruce Lee: The Walk of the Dragon, the all-ages comic is set in the same continuity as The Dragon Rises, but “shines even more of a spotlight on one of history’s few real-life superheroes.”
“We truly believe that Bruce Lee: The Walk of the Dragon both honors the memory and continues the work of this multi-faceted man – actor, philosopher, teacher and, of course, supreme martial artist,” said Darby Pop founder Jeff Kline in a press release. Kline and Darby Pop worked with Shannon Lee, the daughter of Bruce Lee, on this and The Dragon Rises.
“It’s long been a dream of mine to introduce my father and his amazing legacy of action and philosophy to a whole new generation, and a comic book is a super fun way to do that,” said Lee. “My father and the way he lived his life have been a daily inspiration for me, and I’ve dedicated a big part of my life to finding ways to keep his message alive in the world. I hope you enjoy our book and develop your own passion for Bruce Lee and his phenomenal legacy of courageous action!”
Here’s the story synopsis:
Philosopher/teacher/real-life superhero Bruce Lee is back. And, let’s be honest, the world needs him now more than ever. Taking a brief respite from battling an otherworldly evil, Bruce attempts to navigate modern-day Southern California despite still suffering from amnesia and having been “out of the loop” for over 45 years. Unfortunately, what was supposed to be a simple “lunch run” soon turns into a comedy of errors involving mistaken identity, a Film Festival, and the pokey. And despite never being one to initiate fisticuffs, Bruce continues to find it difficult to both hide his martial arts skills… and keep his shirt on.
All told in a single-issue format that requires no prior knowledge, and reaches its own satisfying conclusion.
The comic hits stores on March 28.
- Toys R Us Founder Charles Lazarus Has Passed Away
- EXCLUSIVE: New Batman Premium Format Figure Coming from Sideshow Collectibles
- Tron: Legacy Lightcycles Come to LEGO on March 31
- Jean Grey Gets Weird With Nightcrawler in X-Men Red #9 Preview - October 19, 2018
- Would Thor Make a Good Loki? A Preview of What If? Thor #1 - October 19, 2018
- Improbable Previews: An HR Violation for the Mutant Liberation Front in Uncanny X-Men #1 - October 19, 2018
- Does Logan Make a Promise He Can’t Keep in Return of Wolverine #2? (Preview) - October 19, 2018
- Skottie Young Plays the High-Stakes Game of Footsie with Uncanny X-Men #1 Variant - October 19, 2018