Wolverine is getting a line of statues from Gentle Giant, the first of which will be an ’80s Brown Suit version of Logan. Claws at the ready, mask hanging behind him, this one is up for preorder now and costs $159.99. He will ship at the end of September. Check out all of the details and pics below, and preorder one for yourself here.
Back in the 1980’s very little was known about the origins of the fan-favorite X-Man known as Wolverine. The mutant from the Great White North was the breakout star of Giant Sized X-Men #1 and even though his past was shrouded in mystery, his popularity with fans continued to grow with each issue. In 1982 Marvel Comics took a chance and published one of their very first limited series comic books with Wolverine as the title character.
In the four-issue limited series by Chris Claremont and Frank Miller, Logan travels back to Japan to take on one of the largest organized crime rings in Japan, which happens to be run by the father of his former love, Mariko. Through the course of the series he must duel Mariko’s corrupt, abusive husband, fight an army of HAND ninjas, and he first utters his famous phrase “I’m the best at what I do, and what I do isn’t pretty.”
Gentle Giant celebrates almost 45 years of Wolverine with our newest 1:8th scale Collector’s Gallery Statue. The 1980’s Wolverine is the first statue in our newly announced Wolverine Collector’s Gallery series. The 1980’s Wolverine Collector’s Gallery statue comes with real metal claws, his mask pulled back to reveal his face and is inspired by the cover art for Old Man Logan Vol. 2 #22. The 1980’s Wolverine Collector’s Gallery Statue has been digitally sculpted, and hand-painted by the amazing artisans of Gentle Giant Studios and every one comes hand numbered with a certificate of authenticity.
- Watch: Steven Spielberg Introduces Ready Player One to London IMAX Audience
- You Will Never See a Jack Kirby Original Art Double-Page Spread This Cheap Ever Again
- The Full DC Comics Catalog for June 2018 + Solicits - Preludes and Weddings
- Lord of Gore #3 Review: Another Intriguing Look at the Entertainment Industry
- Castle of Horror: The Shape of Water's Vision of the Mid-century is Daringly Different from Black Lagoon
- Syfy's Nightflyers Changes Showrunners Before Pilot is Filmed
- Rick and Morty Fans Might Be Reading Too Much into Dan Harmon's Season 4 Tweet
- Dark Horse to Publish Incredibles 2 Comics This Summer for Young Readers and Old
- Classic Disney Film Lady and the Tramp to Get Live-Action Remake Treatment
- Caity Lotz Posts Black Canary Image, Is it Reminiscing or Teasing?
- What Historic Power Rangers Moment Will Play Out at Wondercon Next Weekend?
- Tonya Harding Says 99% of 'I, Tonya' is the Truth
- Let’s Take an Early Look at the Marvel Legends Defenders Rail Authority SDCC Exclusive Set - July 14, 2018
- Let’s Take an Early look at the Marvel Legends SDCC Exclusive Red Skull and Tesseract - July 14, 2018
- Let’s Take a Look at the Mattel WWE Entrance Greats Bobby Roode Figure - July 14, 2018
- Bait Brings TMNT, Bruce Lee Funko Pops…and Wu-Tang Clan Transformers to SDCC - July 13, 2018
- Lets Take a Look at Some Scooby-Doo ‘Doo Good’ Merch From BoxLunch - July 13, 2018