The god-hunting world of Jesse Custer (Dominic Cooper), Tulip (Ruth Negga) and Cassidy (Joseph Gilgun) continues to grow, with Reign‘s Adam Croasdell and Mozart in the Jungle‘s Prema Cruz set to join AMC‘s Preacher when it returns for a third season. Adapted from the popular Vertigo comic book series from Garth Ennis and Steve Dillon, the dark and supernatural comedy/drama series is currently in production, with season 3 projected to premiere in late 2018.
● Croasdell’s Eccarius is a 350-year-old vampire who bears wisdom and has an air of aristocracy. Regal and charming, he styles himself after the more romantic, Gothic images of vampires. Appearing as a cliche at first, Eccarius is a much darker figure beneath the surface.
● Cruz’s Madame Boyd is tough forward thinker: educated and attractive, she intends to take the family business into the modern age — by any means necessary.
Croasdell has recently appeared on Reign, Supernatural, Nikita and Body of Proof; and voices Ignis Scientia in the Final Fantasy XV video game series. Cruz recently appeared on Amazon’s Mozart in the Jungle and ABC’s Time After Time; as well as Showtime’s Billions and CBS’ Madam Secretary.
Joining Croasdell and Cruz for Season 3 are: Betty Buckley (Supergirl, Split) as Gran’ma, a spiritist with true powers who can cast spells and even bring back the dead (for a price); Colin Cunningham (Falling Skies) as TC, a man born of the bayou and the loyal caretaker and soldier for Gran’ma; Jeremy Childs (Nashville) as Jody, Gran’ma’s enforcer and the only man Jesse’s never beaten in a fight; Liz McGeever (Star) as Christina, who has a face that lures customers in for her family business; but hates her job and dreams of a new life while suffering to protect her child; and Jonny Coyne (Turn) as Allfather D’Aronique, a physically large, overweight, and revolting slob who might just be the most powerful man in the world.
Based on the popular cult comic book franchise of the same name, Preacher is an absurdly twisted and action-packed thrill ride. When Jesse Custer (Dominic Cooper), a small-town preacher with a criminal past, realizes God is absent from Heaven, Jesse sets out to find Him. Along for the ride are Tulip (Ruth Negga), Jesse’s volatile true love, and Cassidy (Joseph Gilgun), a 119-year-old Irish vampire, who is Jesse’s best mate. The gang ends up in New Orleans, where they must dodge local gangsters, dangerous secret agents in white suits, and the Saint of Killers (Graham McTavish), an unstoppable murderous cowboy from Hell.
Ennis, Sam Catlin (Breaking Bad), Seth Rogen (This Is The End) and Evan Goldberg (Superbad) serve as series executive producers.
- [Tribeca 2018] A Look at HBO’s Westworld Season 2 Red Carpet Event - April 22, 2018
- A.P. Bio Season 1, Episode 11 ‘Eight Pigs and a Rat’ Review: I Am Jack’s Snitch - April 20, 2018
- Dexter Plays It Safe, Big Poppa Trump, ‘Dead’ Endings, and More! [The Weekly Static s01e36] - April 20, 2018
- Dexter’s Michael C. Hall Isn’t Playing It ‘Safe’ in Netflix’s Mystery-Drama Series - April 20, 2018
- Deadly Class: Syfy Orders Rick Remender, Wes Craig Image Graphic Novel to Series - April 18, 2018