Since I grew up mostly in the ’90s, I did indeed watch Saved by the Bell. It was a fun, wholesome show with good messages that kids could understand. I still watch re-runs every now and again, and overall I enjoy the nostalgia it brings whenever I think about it. Obviously I’m not alone, as Black Flag Brewing Company, located in Columbia, Maryland, released a limited edition Saved by the Bell beer just for St. Patrick’s Day!
I checked it out last Friday during the brewery’s St. Paddy’s Day ’90s Party, and I’m glad I did. The brewery is beautiful — it’s brand new, impeccably clean, and they have a solid variety of beers to pick from. Plus, they’re dog friendly!
Like I said, they also have a great selection of non SBTB beer as well. They all looked rather appetizing, especially the Crush and Brunch beers!
But for the sake of Nerd Food, I forged ahead with the Slater Stout, Z Morris, and K Kapowski.
The Slater Stout was indeed roasty with chocolate flavors, but was pretty heavy for me. I’m not a stout fan, but I wanted to give this the college try. I moved on to the K Kapowski next — an amber ale with a caramel flavor. It did indeed pair well with the Z Morris blonde ale, even if they only lasted a few seasons. My favorite was the Z Morris, which was very crisp and light, making it easy to down a few of these.
Unfortunately these were a limited release run, but if you’re really interested, Black Flag Brewing Company is releasing the Z Morris in can form this Wednesday. $10 gets you a six pack — and it may even make you the coolest kid on your block.
- Archie and the Gang Meet up with Sabrina on Yarn Chat Fiction App - April 23, 2018
- The Nerds Came, Saw, and Conquered Baltimore’s Power Plant Live: Photos - April 23, 2018
- Merch and More from the Star Wars Half Marathon at Disney World - April 23, 2018
- Pop-Up Con WICOMICON Saves the Day After Universal FanCon Postponement - April 23, 2018
- 5+ Alternative Events You Can Attend in Lieu of Universal FanCon - April 23, 2018