While I know I’m in the minority in my scoring of Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, I do appreciate how many people absolutely loved it. The majority of those fans (who helped keep the flick high in the box office) seem to have not been strongly emotionally attached to the 1995 Robin Williams-starring film.
Director Jake Kasdan (Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story) did manage to create a ‘reboot’ that didn’t really reboot anything. I would argue it’s more a revisit — a story told in the same universe, but not really attached to the source — new characters, new jungle, new game.
Starring Karen Gillan, Dwayne The Rock Johnson, Kevin Hart, Jack Black, and Nick Jonas, Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle sure seemed to hit the funny bone of most audiences who saw it. This, of course, leads me to what you’re here for: the gag reel.
Those crazy Frostys over at Collider got the scoop on the gag reel (which hasn’t been released officially anywhere else yet), so please enjoy a good laugh courtesy of them:
The Blu-ray combo pack has some special features, including:
- Gag Reel
- Jumanji, Jumanji Music Video by Jack Black and Nick Jonas
- Five Featurettes
- Journey Through The Jungle: The Making of Jumanji
- Meet the Players: A Heroic Cast
- Attack of the Rhinos!
- Surviving the Jungle: Spectacular Stunts!
- Book to Board Game to Big Screen & Beyond! Celebrating The Legacy of Jumanji
Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle is available now on Digital HD and hits 4K, Blu-ray, and DVD on March 20th (today).
- 'Jumanji 3' Adds Awkwafina to the Cast
- Sony Announces Christmas 2019 Release Date For Jumanji 3
- Checking Out the Board Game Version of Centipede from IDW Games
- Archer, Disaster Artist, and More: A Look at March’s DVD/Blu-Ray Special Features
- Miles Morales Premium Format Figure on Its Way from Sideshow
- Hasbro Reveals Detailed Images of Jabba's Sail Barge with a Few Days to Go
- Tomb Raider Review: FINALLY, A Video Game Movie That Isn't Cringe-Worthy
- Here Are the 44th Annual Saturn Awards Nominations
- Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle Writers to Return for the Sequel
- Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson Likens Disney's Jungle Cruise Film to Indiana Jones
- Nick Jonas, Kevin Hart, And The Rock Did A Jumanji Q & A On Twitter
- Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson Is Still Running For President, In Case You Were Wondering
- Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle Director Defends Karen Gillan's Sexy Outfit