Nicole ‘Nik’ Virella is the comic book artist working on comics including Hyperion, 1872, Deadpool, All-New Wolverine, GI Joe and Star Wars: Poe Dameron.
She is suffering from debilitating chronic fatigue and severe pain due to Endometriosis and PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) and needs surgical intervention by an Endo-specialist.
To that end, her sister Angelique has started a GoFundMe campaign to raise $40,000 towards the costs of an operation. She has been battling with her health insurance company to pre-approve the cost without joy.
Donors so far include Deadpool writer Gerry Duggan, All-New Wolverine writer Tom Taylor, as well as well as Bill Sienkiewicz, Matthew Rosenberg, Amy Chu, Kelly Thompson, Greg Pak, Jamal Igle, Joseph Illidge, and more. And a number promoted the appeal on their social media as well.
Click here to support Nicole Virella's Endo Surgery organized by Angelique Virella https://t.co/hdNhU7blJN
— Bill Sienkiewicz (@sinKEVitch) March 17, 2018
Calling all comics fans.
Artist, Nicole Virella, who illustrated some of our All New Wolverine series, needs surgery and she needs our help to make this happen.
If you can donate, please do so here -> https://t.co/jmn4RJlNvZ
And/or RT to spread the word. Thank you. pic.twitter.com/MdERnYBvmZ
— Tom Taylor (@TomTaylorMade) March 17, 2018
The great @niK_IT needs surgery so she can feel better and so she can keep drawing awesome books for all of you. Help her out if you can afford to. Please share even if you can't.https://t.co/uIcAP1ApEY
— 𝙼𝚊𝚝𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚠 𝚁𝚘𝚜𝚎𝚗𝚋𝚎𝚛𝚐 (@AshcanPress) March 11, 2018
- DC Comics Cancel Orders For Batman: Creature Of The Night #4 – Will Return Later in 2019 - December 12, 2018
- Mark Seifert’s Marvel Declassified Returns on December 17th - December 12, 2018
- What Toys do People in the Marvel Universe Buy? Amazing Spider-Man #11 Reveals All - December 12, 2018
- Valiant Announces ‘Breakthrough’ Line-Up for 2019 - December 12, 2018
- Is Brian Azzarello Rewriting the Deaths of Thomas and Martha Wayne in Batman Damned? (Spoilers) - December 12, 2018