Nicole ‘Nik’ Virella is the comic book artist working on comics including Hyperion, 1872, Deadpool, All-New Wolverine, GI Joe and Star Wars: Poe Dameron.
She is suffering from debilitating chronic fatigue and severe pain due to Endometriosis and PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) and needs surgical intervention by an Endo-specialist.
To that end, her sister Angelique has started a GoFundMe campaign to raise $40,000 towards the costs of an operation. She has been battling with her health insurance company to pre-approve the cost without joy.
Donors so far include Deadpool writer Gerry Duggan, All-New Wolverine writer Tom Taylor, as well as well as Bill Sienkiewicz, Matthew Rosenberg, Amy Chu, Kelly Thompson, Greg Pak, Jamal Igle, Joseph Illidge, and more. And a number promoted the appeal on their social media as well.
Click here to support Nicole Virella's Endo Surgery organized by Angelique Virella https://t.co/hdNhU7blJN
— Bill Sienkiewicz (@sinKEVitch) March 17, 2018
Calling all comics fans.
Artist, Nicole Virella, who illustrated some of our All New Wolverine series, needs surgery and she needs our help to make this happen.
If you can donate, please do so here -> https://t.co/jmn4RJlNvZ
And/or RT to spread the word. Thank you. pic.twitter.com/MdERnYBvmZ
— Tom Taylor (@TomTaylorMade) March 17, 2018
The great @niK_IT needs surgery so she can feel better and so she can keep drawing awesome books for all of you. Help her out if you can afford to. Please share even if you can't.https://t.co/uIcAP1ApEY
— Matthew Rosenberg (@AshcanPress) March 11, 2018
- The Aftermath of Universal FanCon’s “Postponement” - April 21, 2018
- Selling in a Showrooming World at Diamond Retailer Summit 2018 (VIDEO) - April 21, 2018
- ComiXology Bestseller List, 21st April 2018 – When My Little Pony Beats Up Weapon H - April 21, 2018
- How Much Are Those Retailer Exclusive Action Comics #1000 Covers Selling For? - April 21, 2018
- Main Street Marketing on a Shoestring Budget at Diamond Summit 2018 (VIDEO) - April 21, 2018