CD Prjoekt Red held another of their Open tournaments to find another contestant for the Gwent Challenger this weekend. The March Open hosted the highest ranked Gwent players as they fought it out over the card tables for a share of the $25,000 USD prize pool, Gwent Masters Crown Points, and spots in the next round of the April Gwent Challenger, which will take players into the underground tunnels of the Wieliczka Salt Mine.
In case you were wondering, Gwent Masters Crown Points are the official ranking points for the pro level of Gwent players.
Ahead of the final match, CD Projekt Red showed off a video starring cosplayer Pawel Burza as Gwent‘s Pavko Gale. The video included some behind-the-scenes interviews with members of the game’s dev team and some previously unreleased footage of the game which gave a tease for the game’s future.
- Zehua “Huyahanachann” Zhao (China)
- Zehua “Huyahanachann” Zhao (China) — $9,650
- Damian “Tailbot” Kaźmierczak (Poland) — $4,750
- Liam “Lbdutchboy” Brouwer (Netherlands) — $2,950
- Benjamin “Kolemoen” Pfannstiel (Germany) — $2,500
- Daniel “Damorquis” Morkisch (Germany) — $1,400
- Nikolay “Cmel” Sakharov (Russia) — $1,250
- Alexander “proNEO3001” Shpak (Ukraine) — $1,250
- Andrzej “Adzikov” Bal (Poland) — $1,250
In case you were wondering about the contents of that pre-tourney video, you can check it out below.
- Witcher Spinoff Getting a Spinoff Of Its Own in Gewnt: Thronebreaker
- CD Projekt Red Confirms They're Not Working on Another Witcher Game
- CD Projekt Red Announces New Wrocław Studio to Help Cyberpunk 2077
- Grand Theft Auto Online is Buffing Gunrunning This Week - October 16, 2018
- EA DICE Reveals New Info on Battlefield V’s War Stories - October 16, 2018
- Destiny 2’s Festival of the Lost Event Starts Tomorrow - October 15, 2018
- Hearthstone Confirms Balance Changes Rolling Out This Week - October 15, 2018
- Poznan Game Arena 2018 Reports a New Attendee Record - October 15, 2018