Hot Topic has been putting out by far the best Riverdale merchandise. From cosplay items to house wares and even cosmetics, they’ve covered a fair share of what fans want. Now, this isn’t Archie’s first foray into makeup. In 2013, MAC released the limited edition Archie’s Girls line, which to this day is still my end-all-be-all favorite makeup line. I seriously bought everything from the collection — I have no regrets.
But I’m not here to talk about old makeup that I still use way past its expiration date. No, I’m here to tell you about new makeup that is also just as fabulous!
The packaging is based off of the River Vixens uniform, and the colors are perfect. The colors are classic, not over-the-top shades, and they all have appropriate names to go with them:
My Specialty Is Ice
I Love You Betty Cooper
I’m A Weirdo
I didn’t bother with the brush that’s included, but I appreciate the effort. Instead I used my Archie’s Girls brushes from MAC, for obvious reasons.
For starters, the pigment is fantastic. I’ve always been a fan of Hot Topic’s eye shadows because of how pigmented they are, and they blend beautifully well. You can create a fun daytime look, or you can go more dramatic for an evening out. Paired with black eyeliner and big, full lashes (I don’t wear false lashes, so I can’t point you in the direction of some good ones) and you can easily recreate any of your Riverdale heroines’ looks.
Overall, this is a great buy. Ready to pick up your own? Check it out here!
- Just Keep Swimming to Get These Limited-Edition Finding Nemo Pins - July 29, 2018
- Q+A with Matt Ellison, Senior Producer on LEGO DC Super-Villains - July 29, 2018
- War Machine Marketing’s Ro Kohli Talks Pantera Mini Guitars, Custom Toys, and More! - July 29, 2018
- A Perfect Han and Leia Close Out Our Last Cosplay Shots from SDCC 2018 - July 27, 2018
- Barzinga with Bleeding Cool’s Kaitlyn Booth: San Diego Comic-Con Aftermath - July 27, 2018