So, we know BOOM! Studios and Saban Brands have a Power Rangers: Shattered Grid panel at WonderCon on March 24th, a mere four days before Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #25 hits comic shops and kicks off the first Power Rangers event in comics history. Here’s what they’ve told us about the panel:
Saturday, March 24th
2:30-3:30 Power Rangers: Shattered Grid—Lord Drakkon has returned, and after the events of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #25, No Ranger Is Safe! Join writers Kyle Higgins (Mighty Morphin Power Rangers) and Ryan Parrott (Saban’s Go Go Power Rangers), actor David Yost (“Billy Cranston,” Mighty Morphin Power RangersTV Series), Dafna Pleban (Editor, BOOM! Studios), Melissa Flores (Director, Power Rangers Content, Saban Brands) and more to discuss the first-ever Saban’s Power Rangers comic book event and what it means for the original teenagers with attitude. This panel will make Power Rangers history with a moment no Power Rangers fan can afford to miss, along with exclusive news and first looks! Room 200B
Given this focuses on the comics, we can put aside this involving the Power Rangers TV shows, films or action figures.
So that means BOOM! Studios is going to reveal something about the comics. It could be a cover or a panel or another new Ranger. But there’s precedent for that.
Which leads us to believe that given they’re so close to the release of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #25, perhaps BOOM! Studios is going to give folks at the panel a chance to find out what happens before any media reports spoil it. And maybe not just one or two fans like at Marvel or DC panels before their big events.
What if they gave everyone a chance to read the first part of Shattered Grid before it hits stores? Given they’ve packed the panels with the creatives from BOOM Studios and Saban behind the comics, it would certainly make sense — and be the kind of move that would warrant this kind of tease.
Plus, now that we know the orders for Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #25 grew 300% over the previous issue, this would certainly cause the kind of buzz to drive fans to their comic shops to buy one of those many polybagged covers that retailers want to move. And now, may have under ordered…
- Ant-Man is the Latest Marvel Animated Statue from Gentle Giant
- Wolverine Gets a Brown Suit Statue from Gentle Giant Celebrating 45 Years
- Hamildrop Posts Lin-Manuel Miranda/Ben Platt Collaboration Inspired by Parkland Students
- Daily LITG – 26th September 2018 – Home Again, Home Again - September 26, 2018
- Art Galleries to be Searched for Missing Comic Book Artwork - September 25, 2018
- Mark Montague Wins Dredd Talent Competition as 2000AD Opens Submissions Again - September 25, 2018
- Second Wave of Game Of Thrones Blindbox Titans Vinyl Figures in February 2019 - September 25, 2018
- What Made Warren Ellis Swear In Fearscape #1, Out Tomorrow? - September 25, 2018