In the last issue of Batman #42, Poison Ivy, who has taken over the minds of everyone in the world apart from Batman and Catwoman, because of… stuff, possessed Superman. And Batman manipulated her into using Superman to kill him.
Properly dead and everything.
Until Poison Ivy intervened with yet another power set to add to her list, and underlining the way in which she has been treated like a mad god in this comic, rather than the reformed supervillain she had been seen in recent issues of Batgirl & The Birds of Prey, Harley Quinn, and All-Star Batman.
And what was Batman’s plan overall? Well, this was part of it. As was the person Ivy was to possess to treat the heavily injured Bruce Wayne.
Poison Ivy’s own meant-to-be-non-exclusive girlfriend, and skilled psychiatrist, psychologist and neurologist, Dr Harley Quinzel, Harley Quinn. Who she has also possessed. Probably not so much of the non-exclusive now.
Here’s a look at what follows in Batman #43 out this week.
Are you, Poison Ivy Batman? Are you really? And what is Batman and Catwoman’s plan after all? Two points of assault? Out this Wednesday.
(W) Tom King (A/CA) Mikel Janin
“Everyone Loves Ivy” part three! The quest to end Ivy’s domination heads toward a close, but can Batman offer Ivy redemption on the other side of this crime? It’s an epic showdown between the Caped Crusader and one of his most popular foes, brought to you by the creative team behind “The War of Jokes and Riddles.”In Shops: Mar 21, 2018
- DC Comics Cancel Orders For Batman: Creature Of The Night #4 – Will Return Later in 2019 - December 12, 2018
- Mark Seifert’s Marvel Declassified Returns on December 17th - December 12, 2018
- What Toys do People in the Marvel Universe Buy? Amazing Spider-Man #11 Reveals All - December 12, 2018
- Valiant Announces ‘Breakthrough’ Line-Up for 2019 - December 12, 2018
- Is Brian Azzarello Rewriting the Deaths of Thomas and Martha Wayne in Batman Damned? (Spoilers) - December 12, 2018