The latest Hamildrop is here, and it is a powerful one. Broadway stalwarts Lin-Manuel Miranda and Ben Platt have joined forces to produce the song ‘Found/Tonight’. It is inspired by the students from Marjory Stoneman Douglas in Parkland who have now made it their mission to change gun control laws in the US after the terrible tragedy they went through a few weeks ago.
The song combines music from the two stars’ respective Broadway hits Hamilton and Dear Evan Hansen, specifically the Hamilton song ‘The Story of Tonight’ and the Dear Evan Hansen song ‘You Will Be Found’. Part of the proceeds from the release will benefit the March For Our Lives foundation, which will hold a march in Washington this weekend in support of introducing new gun legislation and demanding better safety in our nations schools.
This is the fourth Hamildrop to come out. The others were ‘Ben Franklin Song’ by The Decemberists, a remix of the song ‘Wrote My Way Out’ featuring Royce Da 5’9″, Joyner Lucas, Black Thought, and Aloe Blacc. The biggest one so far is probably the ‘Hamilton Polka’ by “Weird Al” Yankovic from a couple weeks back. You can listen to all of those right here.
Check out the video for the newest drop down below:
Check out more information on the March For Our Lives right here.
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Shares FINAL Hamildrop: Featuring Barack Obama
- Dark Horse to Publish Incredibles 2 Comics This Summer for Young Readers and Old
- Classic Disney Film Lady and the Tramp to Get Live-Action Remake Treatment
- Caity Lotz Posts Black Canary Image, Is it Reminiscing or Teasing?
- What Historic Power Rangers Moment Will Play Out at Wondercon Next Weekend?
- Tonya Harding Says 99% of 'I, Tonya' is the Truth
- Dynamite and Topps Partner for New 'Mars Attacks' Comics
- LEGO The Incredibles Looks Like it is Happening Thanks to Retail Leak
- Preview of Marlon Bundo, John Oliver's Response to VP Mike Pence
- A Gamer's Review of Tomb Raider: Far Too Much a Retelling Than an Adaptation
- Funimation Wants Goku to Join the Cast of Super Smash Bros. on the Switch