Epic Games just dropped a bit of a bombshell on Paragon fans as the company revealed they’re going to be giving away about $12 million in gaming assets for free. The game came to an ungraceful end, resulting in the company refunding players for DLC they pre-ordered. Now that Epic doesn’t have much to worry about with Fortnite kicking all sorts of ass, the company has decided to release a ton of assets that can be used in Unreal Engine 4 which total about $12m in development costs. Below are the finer details of what’s being released starting today.
For those interested in importing Paragon characters into their projects, Epic recommends starting with Shinbi, who comes with an animation Blueprint. This can be used as a framework for animating the other characters in the Paragon packs. Epic is also shipping a sample map that is handy for testing and can be used as a baseline for creating more customized environments.
Available Paragon assets include:
- Characters: 20 Paragon Hero characters will be initially available including all skins for distinct character variants. The release also includes base meshes, thousands of textures, VFX and animation cycles, and dialogue with hundreds of sound cues. The character Shinbi comes with an animation Blueprint which can be tailored to specific needs. Epic sends special thanks to OTOY and 3D Scan Store for granting permission to keep intact the high-quality character materials using their facial and body scanning technologies as part of this release.
- Environments: The Paragon release includes over 1,500 environment assets created for the Agora and Monolith maps, including a sample map for developers to use and customize as desired.
- More to Come: Epic will release millions of dollars worth of additional Paragon asset packs beyond the initial $12 million offering through spring and summer 2018.
- Fortnite's Mobile App Conquers the #1 iOS Download Spot in 13 Countries
- Several Companies Already on Board for Gamescom
- Epic Games Announces Major Plans for Fortnite at E3 2018
- A Complete List of Fortnite's 3.3 Patch Updates
- Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice Leads BAFTA Game's Nominations
- Xbox Announces Their May Lineup of Games With Gold - April 21, 2018
- Fortnite Plans to Fix the Weapons Swap Equip Issue With Next Update - April 21, 2018
- The Latest Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition Trailer Focuses on Older Characters - April 21, 2018
- Darwin Project Developers Made the Game Free To Play on Steam - April 21, 2018
- Survival Horror Game Agony Finally Gets a Release Date - April 21, 2018