It appears the next Disney animated classic to get the live-action remake treatment is none other than the best doggo love story around, Lady and the Tramp. The pasta date known around the world will be getting the CGI pooch treatment from the House of Mouse.
The Hollywood Reporter says that The Lego Ninjago Movie director Charlie Bean is on board to direct this remake for Disney, and the film project is being produced specifically to be available on the upcoming Disney streaming service, and Brigham Taylor (The Jungle Book remake) is producing,
This isn’t Bean’s first project with Disney, directed all but one of the episodes of Disney XD’s Tron: Uprising. He also is a longtime animator and has writing credits on both on Dexter’s Laboratory and Samurai Jack.
The original animated film released way back in 1955, and has been a much beloved classic ever since.
While there isn’t much known about this project right now, we do know the Disney streaming service is looking at a 2019 launch date.
We’ll let you know as more information about Lady and the Tramp becomes available.
- Ant-Man is the Latest Marvel Animated Statue from Gentle Giant
- Wolverine Gets a Brown Suit Statue from Gentle Giant Celebrating 45 Years
- Hamildrop Posts Lin-Manuel Miranda/Ben Platt Collaboration Inspired by Parkland Students
- Here Are the 44th Annual Saturn Awards Nominations
- Muppet Babies: Kermit and Fozzie Take Show-n-Tell to the Extreme in New Preview
- Bob Iger Says No Plans to Change Fox Searchlight After Disney's Fox Acquisition
- Jon Favreau to Write and Produce Live Action Star Wars TV Series
- Star Wars: Rebels - Dave Filoni Says [SPOILERS] Survived the Finale
- Her Universe Launches Disney Princess Line – There’s a HeiHei Purse - July 17, 2018
- Hulu Sinks Fangs into Anne Rice’s ‘Vampire Chronicles’ TV Series - July 17, 2018
- Zoya, Liberty Belle GLOW Action Figures Coming from Funko - July 17, 2018
- Greg Berlanti is Developing a Batwoman TV Series for The CW - July 17, 2018
- New ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ Trailer Addresses Concerns About Film’s Content - July 17, 2018