If you thought Fortnite was just going to be alone one the battle royale mountain when it came to mobile games, think again — PUBG Corp in partnership with Tencent Games released PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Mobile today for iOS and Android. The game takes at least 2GB of space to load onto your phone to work right, but it plays a lot like the Fortnite version where you have a simplified interface for you and the 99 other people you’re dropped into the middle of a gun-ridden landscape with. Below is a quote about the launch from Corporate VP of Tencent, Chen Jerry.
We are very excited to launch PUBG Mobile on iOS and Android internationally. We are working hard to create an authentic PUBG mobile experience that players new and old will love. A lot of went into controls and optimization to give players a smooth and intuitive experience.
The game received a soft launch in Canada a few days ago to test everything out and iron out any issues they came across, with the worldwide launch happening today. Whether or not the PUBG version will be able to fight the Fortnite version is going to be a fun fight to watch.
- PUBG Mobile Boasts 100 Million Downloads Since Launch
- Killer Spectating Added to PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Shows Off a New Island Map
- KFC Partners with Twitch for a PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Event
- SXSW Reveals the 2018 Gaming Awards Winners
- Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice Leads BAFTA Game's Nominations
- Drake and Streamer Ninja Break Twitch World Record by Playing Fortnite Together
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Sees Anti-Cheating Patch Walked Back
- Valve Say PUBG Is Steam's Third Largest Selling Game Ever
- Techland Launching Their Own Battle Royale Game with Dying Light: Bad Blood - August 20, 2018
- Insomnia: The Ark Gets a New Lore Trailer From the Developers - August 19, 2018
- Jujubee Releases a New Trailer for Their Russian Submarine Game KURSK - August 19, 2018
- God of War Was Almost Set in Ancient Egypt, According to Developers - August 19, 2018
- Treadnauts Receives a New Launch Trailer as It’s Released on Steam - August 19, 2018