After what could best be glass-half-full-described as an “uneven” episode last week, welcome back to another edition of Bleeding Cool’s weekly “revap” (review/recap) of AMC‘s The Walking Dead Season 8 as we take a look at the season’s twelfth episode, ‘The Key’ – which was a huge return to form for the series in a whole bunch of ways.
But first? A quick reminder…
The Walking Dead 8×12 ‘The Key’: Hilltop’s leadership faces a difficult dilemma after the arrival of unexpected visitors; Rick comes face to face with an adversary.
After a mid-season finale that saw Rick (Andrew Lincoln) and his coalition beaten pretty hard but still not broken, a newly emboldened Negan (Jeffrey Dean Morgan) and the Saviors have driven our heroes underground. The Kingdom has been abandoned. Alexandria burns under Negan’s “scorched earth” retribution. The Hilltop readies itself for a final battle. With loved ones lost and emboldened Saviors poised to launch a final strike, our heroes have realized that it’s time to “Finish the Fight!”
Just to be clear, this is what I like to call a “revap”: a recap/review/stream of consciousness mash-up “monster” all its own — but I will be covering some themes and takeaways involving major and minor plot points from the episode. Just something to keep in mind before watching or re-watching the episode. Definitely not looking to have angry fellow geeks outside my apartment with pitchforks and torches because I slacked off on spoiler warnings.
Thanks for joining us this week, and make sure to join us next week as we take a look at The Walking Dead‘s “lucky thirteen” episode, ‘Do Not Send Us Astray’:
The Walking Dead Episode 8×13 ‘Do Not Send Us Astray’: Trouble arises when unexpected visitors arrive at the Hilltop and the community is thrust into action; heartbreaking discoveries are made.
- Heathers Season 1: Your Guide to Paramount Network’s 5-Night “Binge Event” - October 19, 2018
- Kidding Season 1, Episode 7 ‘Kintsugi’: “Mr. Pickles-san” Pays a Visit (PREVIEW) - October 19, 2018
- Charmed s01e02 ‘Let This Mother Out’: Can The Vera Sisters Trust Harry Greenwood? (PREVIEW) - October 19, 2018
- It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia Season 13, Episode 7: ‘The Gang Does a Clip Show’ as Only They Can (REVIEW) - October 19, 2018
- The Walking Dead Season 9, Episode 3 ‘Warning Signs’: Saviors Want Answers from “The Widow” (PREVIEW) - October 19, 2018