After what could best be glass-half-full-described as an “uneven” episode last week, welcome back to another edition of Bleeding Cool’s weekly “revap” (review/recap) of AMC‘s The Walking Dead Season 8 as we take a look at the season’s twelfth episode, ‘The Key’ – which was a huge return to form for the series in a whole bunch of ways.
But first? A quick reminder…
The Walking Dead 8×12 ‘The Key’: Hilltop’s leadership faces a difficult dilemma after the arrival of unexpected visitors; Rick comes face to face with an adversary.
After a mid-season finale that saw Rick (Andrew Lincoln) and his coalition beaten pretty hard but still not broken, a newly emboldened Negan (Jeffrey Dean Morgan) and the Saviors have driven our heroes underground. The Kingdom has been abandoned. Alexandria burns under Negan’s “scorched earth” retribution. The Hilltop readies itself for a final battle. With loved ones lost and emboldened Saviors poised to launch a final strike, our heroes have realized that it’s time to “Finish the Fight!”
Just to be clear, this is what I like to call a “revap”: a recap/review/stream of consciousness mash-up “monster” all its own — but I will be covering some themes and takeaways involving major and minor plot points from the episode. Just something to keep in mind before watching or re-watching the episode. Definitely not looking to have angry fellow geeks outside my apartment with pitchforks and torches because I slacked off on spoiler warnings.
Thanks for joining us this week, and make sure to join us next week as we take a look at The Walking Dead‘s “lucky thirteen” episode, ‘Do Not Send Us Astray’:
The Walking Dead Episode 8×13 ‘Do Not Send Us Astray’: Trouble arises when unexpected visitors arrive at the Hilltop and the community is thrust into action; heartbreaking discoveries are made.
- Deadly Class: Syfy Orders Rick Remender, Wes Craig Image Graphic Novel to Series - April 18, 2018
- Maniac: Netflix Releases First Images from Jonah Hill, Emma Stone Mind-Bending Series - April 18, 2018
- Siren Season 1, Episode 4 ‘On The Road’ Review: There’s Something About Helen - April 18, 2018
- GLOW Season 2 Sets June Premiere Date, Goes ‘Maniac’ in New Teaser - April 18, 2018
- Stranger Things Season 3 Adds The Princess Bride’s Cary Elwes, Starship Trooper’s Jake Busey - April 18, 2018