Japan’s next Splatfest for hit Nintendo Switch game Splatoon 2 is being sponsored by Nike — which means we’ve got vaguely Splatoon-themed sneakers coming to the game. The announcement was made by the official Japanese Splatoon Twitter account just this week.
お題は「どっちが欲しい？ 最新モデル vs 人気モデル」。
— Splatoon（スプラトゥーン） (@SplatoonJP) March 16, 2018
Alright, so the sneakers aren’t quite Splatoon-themed — instead, Splatfest players need to decide which pair of sneakers is more awesome. The shoes in question are the Nike Air Max 270s and the Nike Air Max 95s. Based on the promo image, it seems like both sets of shoes could make their way onto the feet of their respective in-game teams, which is pretty neat.
Pearl’s Team New are sporting the Air Max 270s, while Marina has the Team Popular squad wearing the Air Max 95s.
As far as Splatfest questions go, which set of Nike shoes is better is one of the less interesting ones when stacked up against the nailbiters like Chicken vs. Egg or Vampire vs. Werewolf.
The Splatoon 2 Splatfest for Japan will be from March 24th at 15:00:00 JST until March 25th, also at 15:00:00 JST.
- Splatoon 2's Secret Project Will Come to Light on June 9th
- The Next Splatoon 2 Splatfest Will Have You Choosing Your Favorite TMNT
- Splatoon 2 Received a Major Content Update Overnight
- Funko is Releasing a Line of Fortnite Collectibles Soon - July 18, 2018
- Epic Games Has Earned $1 Billion in Fortnite in-Game Purchases - July 18, 2018
- 505 Games Debuted an Animated Teaser for ‘Indivisible’ at Anime Expo - July 9, 2018
- The Halo Championship and Gears Pro Circuit are Teaming Up This Weekend - July 9, 2018
- Electronic Arts Acquires Indie Dev Studio Industrial Toys - July 9, 2018