Curve Digital Games has announced a PC and console video game for the popular crime drama Narcos, tentatively set to release in Spring 2019.
The Netflix series is something of a docudrama that takes a peek at the lives of drug kingpins like Pablo Escobar and also chronicles major operations in the war against crime like the DEA’s many run-ins with the Cali Cartel. The show is mostly set in the 1970s and 1980s and is currently in production for its fourth season.
This basically means that a video game version of Narcos would have quite a bit of content to explore and adapt into a video game experience. Curve Digital will not be developing the game directly, rather it will be helmed by their sister company Kuju. You might know Kuju from games like Pokémon Art Academy and Marvel: Ultimate Alliance. Curve Digital have published quite a few popular games like Human Fall Flat and Lone Survivor.
“Narcos is a fantastic license for us to work with,” said Curve Digital MD Jason Perkins. “This critically acclaimed show from Gaumont lends itself perfectly to a video game execution and we’re excited and proud to be bringing this to market.”
“Curve Digital is a world leading video game publisher and we trust them to develop and create our first Narcos console game title that will thrill our millions of Narcos fans, allowing them to engage with the storylines and characters they have come to know over the past three seasons,” added Tim Stephen, Head of Legal and Business Affairs at brokering company Gaumont.
We still don’t know what type of game Narcos will be, but my guess would be some kind of crime-solving platformer or RPG. Something like L.A. Noire might be a good guess.
- Latest Narcos Season 4 Talent Updates
- Funko is Releasing a Line of Fortnite Collectibles Soon - July 18, 2018
- Epic Games Has Earned $1 Billion in Fortnite in-Game Purchases - July 18, 2018
- 505 Games Debuted an Animated Teaser for ‘Indivisible’ at Anime Expo - July 9, 2018
- The Halo Championship and Gears Pro Circuit are Teaming Up This Weekend - July 9, 2018
- Electronic Arts Acquires Indie Dev Studio Industrial Toys - July 9, 2018