inXile Entertainment has announced that The Mage’s Tale will be coming to the PSVR now that it is launching on the Vive. The Mage’s Tale takes place between The Bard’s Tale III: Thief of Fate and the upcoming The Bard’s Tale IV. It’s a 10+ hour dungeon crawler RPG set in the dungeons below Skara Brae.
The Mage’s Tale gives players the opportunity to craft hundreds of spells, explore dungeons, solve puzzles, and fight creatures. The Vive and Rift versions include Smooth Movement, quicker load times, and optional UI elements and Horde Mode, as well as the single player campaign. The PSVR edition is still in development, so details are somewhat slim.
As for the plot, well, here is the official story blurb:
Welcome, oh apprentice of the mystic arts! The corrupt wizard Gaufroi has kidnapped your master, Mage Alguin, and only you have any hope of saving him. To win the day, you will need to explore ten deadly dungeons – including the maze-like sewers of Skara Brae and the horrific living tombs of the bloodthirsty Charn – decipher mind-bending puzzles, avoid terrifying traps, and vanquish hordes of vicious monsters.
But worry not! You wield raw elemental power in the palm of your hand, allowing you to sling gouts of flame, javelins of ice, arcs of lightning, and swirling tempests, which can finish off any fiend that stands in your way – from the snarkiest goblin to the burliest giant. As you delve deeper into the depths, you will discover and master forgotten secrets, ancient lore, and powerful spell reagents with which you can craft increasingly exotic spells to defeat even greater foes. You may be an apprentice now, but to save your master, this must become your Mage’s Tale.
The Mage’s Tale is out now on the Rift. It will be making it to the Vive on March 23rd, and will be coming to PSVR sometime in the future.
You can check out the Vive launch trailer below.
- More Details Come Out About The Bard’s Tale Trilogy Before August Release
- The Bard's Tale IV: Barrows Deep Will Release on PC in September
- Wasteland 2 Director's Cut is Coming to the Nintendo Switch
- Why Post Malone Streaming Blackout Won’t Increase Call of Duty’s Popularity - October 19, 2018
- Marvel Battle Lines Will Not Include the Liefeld Captain America Cover - October 19, 2018
- Final Fantasy XIV Gets Spooky with the All Saint’s Wake Event - October 18, 2018
- Here is Everything You Need to Know About Battletech: Flashpoint - October 18, 2018
- Dauntless Reveals its New Riftstalker Behemoth and Dark Harvest Event - October 18, 2018