It’s been a good week for The Witcher III‘s Geralt of Rivia, as the character has been confirmed as a playable character in SoulCalibur VI and is getting his very own Nendoroid figure from the Good Smile Company. The chibi version of the titular Witcher is actually much more adorable than we would have expected. His scarred, grizzled image, dual swords, and fiery base somehow come across as cute rather than intimidating.
Let it never be said that Good Smile Company doesn’t do good work.
Despite CD Projekt Red closing the video game series with the final DLC in May of 2016, The Witcher series continues to have quite a bit of momentum. The series’ spin-off game Gwent has launched into a moderately successful eSports franchise, Geralt is being featured as a guest character in SoulCalibur VI, and the series is getting a Netflix Original tv series.
So the time is absolutely right for a Geralt Nendoroid.
Now, we don’t know if this is just a one-off creation, or if we’ll be getting a line of Witcher Nendoroids, but we’d be pretty psyched to see the rest of the game’s cast get the Good Smile chibi treatment.
More info, like pricing and pre-order availability, is yet to come.
- Bandai Namco Show Off Geralt's Moves in SoulCalibur VI
- CD Projekt Red Confirms They're Not Working on Another Witcher Game
- CD Projekt Red Announces New Wrocław Studio to Help Cyberpunk 2077
- Milestone’s Ride 3 has a New Release Date and New Trailer - September 21, 2018
- Diablo Could Be Getting an Animated Netflix Series - September 21, 2018
- Telltale Games: Major Layoffs and Possible Studio Shut Down - September 21, 2018
- Sony to Halt Production on the PS Vita in Japan Next Year - September 20, 2018
- Capcom Reveals Resident Evil 2 Remake Gameplay at TGS - September 20, 2018