The longest reigning WWE Divas Champion of all time was at the WrestleMania 35 press conference on Friday, and she took the time to film a backstage video to be released today on the Bella Twins’ YouTube channel. In the video, Nikki Bella reveals that she’s thinking about a return to the ring for next year’s event, and she already has in mind who she’d like to face.
“You know, I started to think, what would I want to do at WrestleMania?” Bella said in the video. “Just between you guys and me, I would love to take on Ronda Rousey at WrestleMania 35 in New Jersey next year. I’m just saying. But anyways, don’t tell her, because I kinda want to keep my arms intact.”
While Bella would be a worthy opponent, one of the few WWE Superstars with the mainstream star power to match up with Rousey thanks to her time on top of the women’s division as well as her two reality TV shows and stint on Dancing with the Stars. However, it seems more likely that WWE will want to build one of their full-time wrestlers up for a match with Rousey next year, and superstars like Asuka and Charlotte Flair spring to mind as big money matchups with Rousey that WWE may want to do first.
Last year, Bella was involved in a mixed tag match with her then-boyfriend, John Cena, against The Miz and his wife Maryse. After the match, Cena proposed to Bella in the ring, making a memorable WrestleMania moment. Bella, however, was soon forced to take more time off to recover from a neck injury, and it doesn’t look like she’ll be competing at WrestleMania this year, though she will probably appear in some capacity at the show.
What do you think? Would you like to see Bella step back into the ring against the former UFC Champion?
Check out the video below:
- Christophe Bec and Stefano Rafaelle’s ‘Under’ Heads to the Big Screen - July 19, 2018
- Image Slips James Harren Weatherman #3 Variant Under the Comic-Con Radar - July 19, 2018
- Lion Forge to Publish Maia Kobabe’s Gender Queer: A Memoir in 2019 - July 19, 2018
- YouTube Orders 2nd Season of Doug Liman’s ‘Impulse’ - July 19, 2018
- Sophie Campbell to Write and Draw the Leonardo Macro Issue for IDW’s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - July 19, 2018