Indie developer HomeBearStudio has revealed that their first game Nairi: Tower of Shirin will release on the Nintendo Switch as well as Steam. Nairi is a point and click adventure puzzle game fusion, which does not at all sound like it should work, but based on the gameplay we’ve seen so far, it does kind of work.
Nairi has a pretty unique art style, with 2D hand-drawn graphics that have a watercolor bent to them. The game follows Nairi, a troubled upper class girl (think baby Lara Croft), and her buddy Rex who is a former gangster who turned his intimidation tactics in for books. The unlikely duo uncovers a mystery involving the creepy tower in the oasis city of Shirin.
Joshua van Kuilenburg, founder of HomeBearStudio explained, “Nairi meets a gangster-turned-scholar rat, who will help her on her quest to find her way back home. The poor district is plagued by The White Mask, a criminal who seemingly brainwashes people. And then there’s a conflict which goes way beyond Nairi’s initial plight of simply returning home. There’s an ominous mystery surrounding the titular Tower of Shirin.”
“We were going for a unique setting and art style, inspired not just by Japanese anime but also the likes of Disney and Pixar. The game comes across as endearing, rather than ‘childishly cute’.”
The game’s features include:
- Enjoy a huge amount of ridiculously cute hand-drawn charming characters and locations
- An absorbing and captivating story
- Collect, trade and combine wacky items
- Solve brain-teasing puzzles
- A beautifully composed soundtrack
You can check out the new Switch announcement trailer below.
- Final Fantasy XIV and Final Fantasy XV are Hosting a Crossover - December 12, 2018
- Amy Hennig to Receive Life Achievement Award at GDC 2019 - December 12, 2018
- Fallout 76 Now Under Fire for Lazy Ultrawide Mode Update - December 12, 2018
- Wintersday Festival Kicks Off in Guild Wars 2 Today - December 12, 2018
- Final Fantasy XV’s Comrades Mode Goes Solo Today - December 12, 2018