Blizzard has announced that Heroes of the Storm is getting a new hero, and this time it’s StarCraft‘s Fenix.
Heroes of the Storm is just a fun little concept. Blizzard has a staggering number of notable characters across its Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Overwatch franchises. The series all have fairly deep lore and heroes to draw from, and seeing them clash in a quick and accessible MOBA has always been quite fun. It means that when it comes time for a new hero, you never quite know just who or which franchise they will be pulling from.
Not too long ago, the game released Blaze, but the team is already gearing up for its next release. Going back to the StarCraft well, its now Fenix’s turn to be brought into the fight. Fenix was a Protoss warrior who, after suffering some pretty nasty wounds, ended up having his consciousness transferred to a Dragoon unit. That’s the version that will be appearing in the game. The announcement was made to coincide with StarCraft‘s 20th anniversary celebration, and you can see the announcement for the character right here.
“My heart longs for an epic battle.” Fenix is warping into the Nexus! Are you prepared for the glory of combat? pic.twitter.com/vezd7UjIiU
— Heroes of the Storm (@BlizzHeroes) March 15, 2018
Other than that video, there really isn’t a lot to go on. You can infer things about his play style, what with him being a massive tank, but that would be all guesswork for now. I think we can be certain he’s not a primary support, but other than that, it’s speculation. We’ll have to wait for more details but I’ll be sure to let you know when they land.
- Overwatch Gives Brigitte a Launch Trailer as She Enters the Game
- Overwatch Shows Off the Artwork That Went Into Brigitte
- Overwatch Will Nerf Sombra Again in the Next Patch
- ‘Pokémon: Let’s Go’ Games Get a New Trailer Showing off Gyms, Traversal, and Pokémon Haircuts - July 13, 2018
- Remnant: From the Ashes is the New Co-Op Shooter From the Darksiders 3 Developer - July 13, 2018
- The Witcher Series Will Get Another Game, but It Won’t Be The Witcher 4 - July 12, 2018
- Doom Eternal Will See Its Gameplay Reveal Next Month - July 12, 2018
- Check Out Over 10 Minutes of Darksiders 3 Gameplay - July 12, 2018