Blizzard has announced that Heroes of the Storm is getting a new hero, and this time it’s StarCraft‘s Fenix.
Heroes of the Storm is just a fun little concept. Blizzard has a staggering number of notable characters across its Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Overwatch franchises. The series all have fairly deep lore and heroes to draw from, and seeing them clash in a quick and accessible MOBA has always been quite fun. It means that when it comes time for a new hero, you never quite know just who or which franchise they will be pulling from.
Not too long ago, the game released Blaze, but the team is already gearing up for its next release. Going back to the StarCraft well, its now Fenix’s turn to be brought into the fight. Fenix was a Protoss warrior who, after suffering some pretty nasty wounds, ended up having his consciousness transferred to a Dragoon unit. That’s the version that will be appearing in the game. The announcement was made to coincide with StarCraft‘s 20th anniversary celebration, and you can see the announcement for the character right here.
“My heart longs for an epic battle.” Fenix is warping into the Nexus! Are you prepared for the glory of combat? pic.twitter.com/vezd7UjIiU
— Heroes of the Storm (@BlizzHeroes) March 15, 2018
Other than that video, there really isn’t a lot to go on. You can infer things about his play style, what with him being a massive tank, but that would be all guesswork for now. I think we can be certain he’s not a primary support, but other than that, it’s speculation. We’ll have to wait for more details but I’ll be sure to let you know when they land.
- Overwatch Gives Brigitte a Launch Trailer as She Enters the Game
- Overwatch Shows Off the Artwork That Went Into Brigitte
- Overwatch Will Nerf Sombra Again in the Next Patch
- PUBG’s Assault Rifles are Getting Nerfed and Level 3 Helmets are Seeing a Big Change - April 23, 2018
- Night Trap is Coming to Nintendo Switch Later This Summer - April 23, 2018
- Platinum Games Wants Wonderful 101 on the Nintendo Switch - April 23, 2018
- Overwatch’s Newest Patch and Hanzo Rework Now Live on the PTR - April 20, 2018
- Report Says a Battle Royale Mode is Being Tested for the Next Battlefield - April 19, 2018