David Tennant has been cast to play opposite of Jennifer Garner in the upcoming HBO half-hour comedy series Camping. It’s based on the British series created by Julia Davis and is being put together by Lena Dunham and Jenni Konner, who will be co-writing and showrunning. Production is slated to being in Los Angeles soon.
The series focuses on Walt (Tennant), who turns 45 and discovers that his birthday gift is supposed to be a relaxing weekend in nature, meticulously planned by his hyper-organized and controlling wife Kathryn (Garner). But the weekend includes Kathryn’s meek sister, holier-than-thou ex-best friend and a free-spirited tagalong which turns it into a nightmare that will test their marriage and possibly lead to woman-on-woman crime… oh, and there are bears. Tennant’s character is an obedient husband and loving father, the reliable guy among his friends… yet underneath it all is a growing discontent with his life.
Tennant has been all over the place lately, currently filming Amazon Studios adaptation of Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett‘s Good Omens, he reprised his role as Kilgrave on Marvel’s Jessica Jones and appeared in the film You, Me and Him. He’s also lent his voice to the animated feature Ferdinand and the rebooted animated series DuckTales. And, of course, he was the 10th Doctor.
- Marvel Studios and New Era Team Up For Exclusive Infinity War Crew Cap
- Batman: The Animated Series Joker and Harley Quinn Statues Coming From Kotobukiya
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018