Zachary Knighton (Happy Endings) has been added to the cast of CBS’s pilot reboot of Magnum P.I. The Peter Lenkov-led project has already added Jay Hernandez and Perdita Weeks to the cast. The pilot is being written by Lenkov and Eric Guggenheim with Justin Lin scheduled to direct.
Based on the classic 1980s Tom Selleck series, the show will follow Thomas Magnum (Hernandez), an ex-Navy SEAL, who returns from Afghanistan and used his military skills as a private investigator. He will have help from two fellow vets, Orville ‘Rick’ Wright (Knighton) and Theodore ‘TC’ Calvin, plus a disavowed MI-6 agent named Juliet Higgins (Weeks). Magnum takes on the cases no one else can handle — or so the pitch says.
Knighton’s Rick was once a door gunner in the Marines, one of the highest casualty-rate jobs in the service, and now he owns a nightclub on Oahu and is extremely well connected. He and Magnum were POWs together. The character was played by Larry Manetti in the original series.
Besides his three-year run starring in Happy Endings on ABC, Knighton also recurred on NBC’s Parenthood and is currently recurring on the second season of Netflix’s Santa Clarita Diet.
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018