Zachary Knighton (Happy Endings) has been added to the cast of CBS’s pilot reboot of Magnum P.I. The Peter Lenkov-led project has already added Jay Hernandez and Perdita Weeks to the cast. The pilot is being written by Lenkov and Eric Guggenheim with Justin Lin scheduled to direct.
Based on the classic 1980s Tom Selleck series, the show will follow Thomas Magnum (Hernandez), an ex-Navy SEAL, who returns from Afghanistan and used his military skills as a private investigator. He will have help from two fellow vets, Orville ‘Rick’ Wright (Knighton) and Theodore ‘TC’ Calvin, plus a disavowed MI-6 agent named Juliet Higgins (Weeks). Magnum takes on the cases no one else can handle — or so the pitch says.
Knighton’s Rick was once a door gunner in the Marines, one of the highest casualty-rate jobs in the service, and now he owns a nightclub on Oahu and is extremely well connected. He and Magnum were POWs together. The character was played by Larry Manetti in the original series.
Besides his three-year run starring in Happy Endings on ABC, Knighton also recurred on NBC’s Parenthood and is currently recurring on the second season of Netflix’s Santa Clarita Diet.
- Big Hero 6 The Series Gets Premiere Date from the Disney Channel - April 24, 2018
- Supergirl Season 3: Emotional Issues and the Season Finale Title - April 24, 2018
- The Flash Season 4: Inside the Episode ‘Fury Rogue’ - April 24, 2018
- Netflix Locks in Sense8 Series Finale Date - April 24, 2018
- The Flash Season 4: Not So Fast on [Spoiler] Being Married - April 24, 2018