Responding to negative reaction since they announced a memorial women’s battle royal match named after deceased WWE Hall of Famer The Fabulous Moolah, WWE has dropped Moolah from the name. Now, the match will be known as the WrestleMania Battle Royal. WWE announced the Fabulous Moolah Memorial Battle Royal this week via a video featuring various WWE Superstars praising Moolah as a pioneer of women’s wrestling. However, Moolah’s history, which involves allegations of financial and sexual exploitation of wrestlers she trained, fueled backlash on social media and article on mainstream media sites calling attention to those allegations.
Sandwich-themed Hollywood gossip site The Wrap received a statement from WWE explaining the change:
After further consideration, we believe it’s best to proceed with the name ‘WrestleMania Women’s Battle Royal.’ What remains most important is that this historic match is part of WWE’s unwavering commitment to the Women’s Division.
Now what about that Warrior Award?
- DCComics.com Writer Pens 1100 Word Batman: Damned Review Without Once Mentioning Batpenis - September 20, 2018
- Preview Brian Bendis and Nick Derington’s Batman 100-Page Giant #3 Story, (Maybe) In Your Walmart Soon - September 20, 2018
- Peter Parker Forgets the Lesson of Uncle Ben’s Death in Spectacular Spider-Man #310 Preview - September 20, 2018
- At the End of X-Men Blue, the X-Men Return to the Beginning (Preview) - September 20, 2018
- Punisher Tests Hydra’s “Cut Off One Head…” Slogan in Punisher #2 Preview - September 20, 2018