A listing on the Xbox store and Amazon has seemingly confirmed that Super Bomberman R is coming to Xbox One and PlayStation 4 in June.
Super Bomberman R did surprisingly well on the Nintendo Switch. While it didn’t set the world on fire critically, it sold pretty well. It’s been a while since a Bomberman game had a big win, and the title seemingly launched the character back into the public consciousness. That said, it’s not clear how much was enthusiasm for the series or it just being an early title on the Nintendo Switch when its library was small.
It seems we might be able to see that divide clearer soon too as it looks like the game is getting ready to dip its toes away from the Nintendo Switch. The Microsoft Store has the game listed for Xbox One at $39.99 with a release date of 14 June, 2018. While a listing for a PlayStation 4 version of the game hasn’t cropped in the West up just yet, Amazon Japan has the game listed for the platform. One would have to imagine this means that the game will come to both platforms this side of the ocean too.
This is good to see, as Bomberman, albeit barely unchanged from its 1983 debut, is a bit of a retro icon. While he never quite kept up with the likes of Mario and Sonic, he is still a popular relic that still persists from that age of early video games. Seeing him do well in 2018 is encouraging. Hopefully one day soon we will really get that excellent Bomberman game, but this is a fun little time nonetheless.
- Nintendo Switch Sales Save Blossom Tales' Devs from Shutting Down
- Nintendo Teases a New Nindies Showcase Livestream
- Interactive Gaming Ventures Launched by Former Sony CEO
- Overwatch’s Newest Patch and Hanzo Rework Now Live on the PTR - April 20, 2018
- Report Says a Battle Royale Mode is Being Tested for the Next Battlefield - April 19, 2018
- Map Selection Being Added to PUBG Very Soon - April 19, 2018
- Overwatch’s New Rialto Map is Currently Live on the PTR - April 19, 2018
- Serious Sam 4: Planet Badass Announced With Teaser Trailer - April 19, 2018