Something based on The Witcher is getting announced today, although as to what, it isn’t too clear.
The Witcher 3, while it’s long shadow is ever present, is supposedly finished in terms of content with CD Projekt RED are all steam ahead on Cyberpunk 2077. That game is one of the most anticipated games currently on the future slate, so the developer has a lot of work to do to meet expectation. I’m not sure anyone is expecting new Witcher content, but that does make this next announcement interesting.
The Witcher Twitter account has tweeted out that we should expect some kind of announcement involving the series today. Last night, the tease came through and it was suitably cryptic, hinting that something combat based was on the way. It said:
Kaer Morhen’s old stones have witnessed many battles… Once more they’ll feel the sting of sparks as blades collide… Check back tomorrow.
— The Witcher (@witchergame) March 14, 2018
Now, let’s keep expectations in check here. I really do not think we should expect an announcement for The Witcher 4 or even remasters of the first or second game. I really do believe The Witcher 3 is done in terms of content too, so I’m not expecting to hear news about new DLC either. The likely outcome? The previously teased news that Geralt is stepping outside of a his own franchise. My bet would be on a guest appearance in Soul Calibur 6, which seems to make the most sense in terms of upcoming games that have an affinity for guest characters. That isn’t certain though, and we will be sure to keep you up to date with what’s coming.
- ‘Pokémon: Let’s Go’ Games Get a New Trailer Showing off Gyms, Traversal, and Pokémon Haircuts - July 13, 2018
- Remnant: From the Ashes is the New Co-Op Shooter From the Darksiders 3 Developer - July 13, 2018
- The Witcher Series Will Get Another Game, but It Won’t Be The Witcher 4 - July 12, 2018
- Doom Eternal Will See Its Gameplay Reveal Next Month - July 12, 2018
- Check Out Over 10 Minutes of Darksiders 3 Gameplay - July 12, 2018