After a lot of speculation, Geralt of Rivia has been confirmed for Soulcalibur 6.
Soulcalibur is a title well known for its guest characters. From Yoda and Darth Vader to Ezio from Assassin’s Creed, the series doors have always been open to those from other universes. It’s a distinctly fighting game staple, but perhaps recent NetherRealm games aside, no one does guest characters quite like the Soulcalibur. Well on that note, we assumed it was coming, but we just got some nice confirmation.
As had been teased yesterday, Geralt of Rivia is going to be joining the fight in Soulcalibur 6. The news had been coming for a while as CD Projekt RED had suggested Geralt would be stepping out of his own franchise and as many had surmised, he’ll be standing toe to toe with the likes of Nightmare, Mitsurugi and Ivy. A trailer has been released alongside the announcement, showing off Geralt’s hack and slash style. Take a look:
There is some clever translations of Geralt staples here. You can see him using his magical signs that allow him to stun enemies as well as set them on fire. He’s obviously, as you’d expect, pretty efficient with a sword too. To go with Geralt himself, a stage based on Kaer Morhen is coming to act as backdrops between fighters.
This is a fun collaboration and I’ll be interested to see just how good Geralt is when he stacks up to the rest of the roster. There is still no concrete date on Soulcalibur 6 just yet, but we do know it is set to come in 2018.
- Yoshimitsu Returns to SoulCalibur VI in Latest Character Trailer
- Did Amazon's Italian Website Leak SoulCalibur VI's Release Date
- Bandai Namco Reveal Taki as the Next Character for SoulCalibur VI
- CD Projekt Red Confirms They're Not Working on Another Witcher Game
- CD Projekt Red Announces New Wrocław Studio to Help Cyberpunk 2077
- Edge Transit’s Drop Rate is Getting a Nerf in Destiny 2 - September 21, 2018
- Destiny 2’s Ace of Spades Quest Now Much Easier Thanks To Hotfix - September 21, 2018
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Can Be Played in First-Person - September 20, 2018
- Call of Cthulhu Gets a Spooky New Gameplay Trailer - September 20, 2018
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout Could Have 100 Players as Capacity Increased to End Beta - September 18, 2018