After a lot of speculation, Geralt of Rivia has been confirmed for Soulcalibur 6.
Soulcalibur is a title well known for its guest characters. From Yoda and Darth Vader to Ezio from Assassin’s Creed, the series doors have always been open to those from other universes. It’s a distinctly fighting game staple, but perhaps recent NetherRealm games aside, no one does guest characters quite like the Soulcalibur. Well on that note, we assumed it was coming, but we just got some nice confirmation.
As had been teased yesterday, Geralt of Rivia is going to be joining the fight in Soulcalibur 6. The news had been coming for a while as CD Projekt RED had suggested Geralt would be stepping out of his own franchise and as many had surmised, he’ll be standing toe to toe with the likes of Nightmare, Mitsurugi and Ivy. A trailer has been released alongside the announcement, showing off Geralt’s hack and slash style. Take a look:
There is some clever translations of Geralt staples here. You can see him using his magical signs that allow him to stun enemies as well as set them on fire. He’s obviously, as you’d expect, pretty efficient with a sword too. To go with Geralt himself, a stage based on Kaer Morhen is coming to act as backdrops between fighters.
This is a fun collaboration and I’ll be interested to see just how good Geralt is when he stacks up to the rest of the roster. There is still no concrete date on Soulcalibur 6 just yet, but we do know it is set to come in 2018.
- CD Projekt Red Confirms They're Not Working on Another Witcher Game
- CD Projekt Red Announces New Wrocław Studio to Help Cyberpunk 2077
- Overwatch’s Newest Patch and Hanzo Rework Now Live on the PTR - April 20, 2018
- Report Says a Battle Royale Mode is Being Tested for the Next Battlefield - April 19, 2018
- Map Selection Being Added to PUBG Very Soon - April 19, 2018
- Overwatch’s New Rialto Map is Currently Live on the PTR - April 19, 2018
- Serious Sam 4: Planet Badass Announced With Teaser Trailer - April 19, 2018