Frank Cho has been drawing variant covers for the Harley Quinn comics since he walked off his Wonder Woman variant cover gig, after a clash between him, editorial, Greg Rucka and verbal and written agreements over content and editorial control that were in conflict with each other.
You know, as you do.
Je was grabbed for Harley Quinn by Jimmy Palmiotti and Amanda Conner, who were more in keeping with Cho’s general attitude, and he has stayed with the book after their departure.
His latest, for Harley Quinn #42 and #43 is spread across two covers, and gives us his take on Gotham and Harley Quinn lead characters, with Power Girl, Catwoman, Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn doing her best Supergirl impression… with Batman relegated to a background character along with Gotham’s other grotesques…
How they came together…
And what they look like separately.
HARLEY QUINN #41 VAR ED
(W) Frank Tieri (A) Inaki Miranda (CA) Frank Cho
“Angry Bird” finale! Betrayed by one of the last allies she thought she had left from Gotham City’s criminal underworld, Harley’s in a corner in her battle against the Penguin…and that’s the most dangerous place you could possibly put her! Someone’s gonna get killed here, and it ain’t Harley…In Shops: Apr 04, 2018
HARLEY QUINN #42 VAR ED
(W) Frank Tieri (A) Mauricet (CA) Frank Cho
“The Gang’s All Here”! Harley’s grudgingly accepted the Gang of Harleys back into her life-and now they intend to impress her with all the new tricks they’ve learned in her absence! Unfortunately, they might’ve picked up some bad habits too…In Shops: Apr 18, 2018
- The Daily LITG, 17th December 2018, One Week To Go - December 17, 2018
- Thank FOC It’s Sunday #7 – That Was The Week That Was - December 16, 2018
- Win a Private Tour of DC Comics’ Archive for LGBTQ Charity - December 16, 2018
- Hindus Call For Apology From Marvel Over Uncanny X-Men #5 - December 16, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List 16th December 2018 – Batman Damned Beats The One Who Laughs - December 16, 2018