Over in X-Men Red, the very nature of the mutant issue in the Marvel Universe has been emphasised with the United Nations looking at in-utero testing for mutants. And a new mutant hatred from humanity being driven by (spoilers) Cassandra Nova, and a number of countries now legalising the imprisoning of mutants or the legal killing of those suspected to be mutants. And mutants finding a new way to band together and survive against a humanity that hates them more.
It seemed hard to see how this might align with the other X-Men storylines. Turns out… it isn’t. And X-Men Blue has its own revolutionary take on the mutant issue in #23 which will affect the rest of the Marvel Universe as well. Unless, like X-Men Red, it is ignored by everyone else including the other X-books.
Because X-Men Blue has Mothervine.
A source of secondary mutations on existing mutants. And on the rest of the population of the planet?
Quadrupling the mutant population. And that’s just the start.
Eventually outnumbering or outpowering the rest of humanity. And rats. And ants. And nematodes. Not bad considering that a) at one point their population was reduced to just 198 of them, and b) later the Terrigen Mist was killing loads of them off as well.
There may be a way to knit these two plots together. These may be two very separate pieces of the same puzzle. It just seems a little peculiar at this stage, that neither of them recognise the other. And don’t even get me started on Astonishing and Gold…
Uncanny X-Men #1 and X-Men #1 in July/August, here we come?
X-MEN BLUE #23
(W) Cullen Bunn (A/CA) Jorge Molina
CRY HAVOK Part 1
• With the X-MEN lost in space, EMMA FROST, HAVOK, BASTION and MISS SINISTER hatch their devious plans!
• Is there a worse time for their most dangerous enemies to strike?
• And wouldn’t it make matters much, much worse if POLARIS once again fell victim to the body-stealing MALICE?
Rated T+In Shops: Mar 14, 2018
- Is Brian Azzarello Rewriting the Deaths of Thomas and Martha Wayne in Batman Damned? (Spoilers) - December 12, 2018
- Free Comics Day 2019 Titles to be Announced Next Week on Facebook - December 12, 2018
- Batman Damned #2 Looks Further Back at Why He Doesn’t Use Guns - December 12, 2018
- In the Wake of Joe Illidge’s Exit, Robert Meyers Promoted to Senior Editorial Director at Valiant - December 12, 2018
- So, It’s Cosmic Ghost Rider Destroying Marvel History from Paul Scheer, Nick Giovannetti and Gerardo Sandoval - December 12, 2018