Today, VR developer ARVORE announced that their long-awaited VR title Pixel Ripped 1989 will finally be getting a reveal at both the Game Developers Conference and PAX East in the next couple weeks. This is the company’s warm-up before the game is released on May 22nd for PlayStation VR, Oculus Rift, and HTC Vive. Below is a full description of the game along with the teaser trailer, as the game serves as a friendly VR throwback to the gaming we knew three decades ago.
Pixel Ripped 1989 is a wacky multi-dimensional homage to the early days of gaming. The player embarks on a journey into the screen of a classic videogame and beyond. Set in the era of portable 8-bit consoles, this game-within-a-game follows the adventures of Dot, an in-game character who sees her world torn apart by the Cyblin Lord, a villain able to break through the video game screen and invade the real world. In the game, the player inhabits Nicola, a second-grade student who must help Dot save both realities from this menace by facing challenges in the retro-gaming 2D world, all while distracting the cranky teacher and escaping from the furious headmaster in her own 3D world.
- Amazing Spider-Man Goes Down Increasing Advance Reorders
- Shantae and the Pirate's Curse will Make it to the Nintendo Switch
- Domino #1 Preview by Gail Simone and David Baldeón - Now With Added Jesus Aburto
- [#SXSW] Walking Through the Ready Player One Activation
- Check Out the Latest Video Game Releases for March 13-19, 2018
- Square Enix Shows Off New Screenshots and Art for Octopath Traveler - April 22, 2018
- Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night Want Your Thoughts on DLC - April 22, 2018
- Princess Maker 5 Gets a Quick PC Release Date for This Week - April 22, 2018
- Gearbox Denies Rumors That Borderlands 3 is an Xbox Exclusive - April 22, 2018
- Pokémon GO is Setting Up to Add Regional Raid Bosses - April 22, 2018