Nicolas Cage will finally get to play Superman. The actor will voice the superhero in the upcoming animated feature-length Teen Titans GO! To The Movies film. This has to be a dream come true for him- he famously named his son Kal-El after Clark Kent’s Kryptonian birth name. He once owned one of the more impressive vintage comic collections ever, until someone stole part of his collection, including his copy of Action Comics #1.
And of course he was once tapped to play the Man of Steel in a live-action film, Superman Lives! There are famous pictures of him in test suits, and the film went through one of the most-troubling productions in the history of Hollywood. It was to be directed by Tim Burton and produced by Jon Peters. The cancellation of the project led to even more Superman projects from the likes of J.J. Abrams and Kevin Smith.
Teen Titans GO! will also feature voice-cameos from rapper Lil Yachty, singer Halsey, Will Arnett, and Kristen Bell, along with the entire voice cast of the show itself.
“Every superhero in the DC Universe has an impact on the fans,” executive producer Sam Register told USA Today, “so we felt a great responsibility to find a voice for each character that would not only suit the role, but the playful tone of the Titans, and we’re thrilled with our cameo cast.”
The Teen Titans GO! film will follow our five heroes as they head to Hollywood to convince a big time director to make a film of their own. They of course get sidetracked fighting super-villains and learn more than a few lessons on the way of course.
Nicolas Cage is the perfect casting for Superman in this, I can already picture his tone coming out of Clark’s face. I could not be more excited.
Teen Titans GO! To The Movies opens in theaters on July 27th.
- Let's Talk About Justice League on 4K: Kind of the Snyder Cut
- Toys R Us to Close or Sell All 800 US Stores, UK Heads for Complete Shutdown
- Original Wonder Woman Lynda Carter Getting Star On Walk Of Fame
- [#SXSW] Walking Through the Ready Player One Activation
- Rob Zombie Begins Shooting 3 From Hell, the Sequel to Devil's Rejects
- Netflix CEO "Not So Big" on Inclusion Riders at Streaming Service
- Lost in Space Season 1: Featurette of the Robinsons' Journey
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald First LEGO Set Revealed
- Image Comics Publishes 'I Kill Giants' with a New Movie Cover
- FX Puts in Pilot Order For Alex Garland's 'Devs' Series
- Fear the Walking Dead's Danay Garcia Talks Luciana, Season 4, and More
- Comics for Your Pull Box, Week of March 14th, 2018: New Mutants Return and Vampironica Strikes Back
- Wands Up – Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald Teaser Trailer Is Here!
- Scott Lobdell Signs with Abrams Artists Agency and Zero Gravity Management
- Marvel Studios and New Era Team Up For Exclusive Infinity War Crew Cap - March 16, 2018
- Batman: The Animated Series Joker and Harley Quinn Statues Coming From Kotobukiya - March 16, 2018
- Loki Gets Another Hot Toys Release, This One from Ragnarok - March 16, 2018
- Catwoman One:12 Collective Figure Up for Order Now - March 15, 2018
- T-Rex Statue from Jurassic Park Heading Home Thanks to Iron Studios - March 15, 2018