For the long-suffering hardcore fans of the prematurely canceled space Western from alleged fake feminist Joss Whedon, Firefly, known colloquially as “firebronies,” an end to the misery of living without their treasured favorite show is finally in sight… sort of! Star Nathan Fillion, who firebronies once tried to raise the money and buy the rights to Firefly for so that he could bring it back, is donning his trademark uniform from the show once again. It’s true. It’s really happening!
However, it’s not happening in a Firefly revival. Instead, Fillion will squeeze his manly body into costume for a guest appearance on American Housewife, where he will apparently play Nathan Fillion playing Captain Malcolm Reynolds on two episodes, air date currently unknown. Hey, firebronies, you gotta take what you can get.
Check out the tweet below from ABC.
Hey look, it's @NathanFillion with @KatyEMixon & @ImMegDonnelly on the set of @AmericanWifeABC! Stay tuned for more information on Nathan's upcoming guest starring role (as himself!) in two upcoming episodes of #AmericanHousewife #ABCPublicity pic.twitter.com/PAc6aRusGS
— ABC Publicity (@ABC_Publicity) March 14, 2018
As if that weren’t enough, Fillion has been whipping firebronies into a firefrenzy on his own social media accounts, teasing the role:
Does Fillion appearing on this ABC show in full Firefly regalia signify that Disney is considering picking up a Firefly reboot? We can’t say with 100% confidence that it doesn’t, and that’s good enough for us.
- Everything You Knew About Secret Empire Was Wrong - December 11, 2018
- Everything You Knew About What Wolverine Was Best At Was Wrong - December 11, 2018
- Everything You Knew About Uncle Ben’s Death Was Wrong - December 11, 2018
- Everything You Knew About Daredevil’s Cancellation Was Wrong - December 11, 2018
- Everything You Knew About Iceman Coming Out Was Wrong? - December 11, 2018