Indie platformer Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse is going to drop anchor on the Nintendo Switch this month according to the Switch’s Australian eShop listings. According to the eShop, the game will release on March 20th, and is available for pre-order on the American eShop as well. That said, you can only access the listing on the console’s version of the eShop, as the platformer does not appear on the Nintendo site.
According to developer WayForward’s Twitter feed, the game will support HD rumble effects and include the Super Shantae Nab mini-game.
"Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse” is coming to Nintendo Switch on March 20! Includes HD Rumble and Super Shantae Nab mini-game! pic.twitter.com/EjFJckoolJ
— WayForward (@WayForward) March 13, 2018
Shatae and the Pirate’s Curse has the titular Shantae and her nemesis Risky Boots team up to save Sequin Land from the evil Pirate Master. The game is currently available on PS4, Xbox One, Wii U, 3DS, and PC.
The game is going to be well at home on the Switch, alongside the console’s veritable deluge of retro-inspired action platformers like Shovel Knight, Wonder Boy IV, Yooka Lalee, and Blaster Master Zero. But if you enjoyed the other Shantae games, or just can’t get enough of retro-style platformers, you might want to check this one out when it launches next week. Or you could just replay Shovel Knight.
- Thimbleweed Park WIll See a Physical Release on PS4 and Nintendo Switch
- Xbox's E3 2018 Plans Come to Light Along with Their Hosting Location
- Pixel Ripped 1989 Announced for GCD and PAX East Debut
- Why Post Malone Streaming Blackout Won’t Increase Call of Duty’s Popularity - October 19, 2018
- Marvel Battle Lines Will Not Include the Liefeld Captain America Cover - October 19, 2018
- Final Fantasy XIV Gets Spooky with the All Saint’s Wake Event - October 18, 2018
- Here is Everything You Need to Know About Battletech: Flashpoint - October 18, 2018
- Dauntless Reveals its New Riftstalker Behemoth and Dark Harvest Event - October 18, 2018