Every now and again we get more and more leaked assets from Free Radical’s cancelled Star Wars: Battlefront games. Today’s leaks bring us concept art from Star Wars: Battlefront III and the early planning stages for Star Wars: Battlefront IV, which includes a ton of alternate versions of fan favorite characters. Because casual Dark Luke Skywalker sounds like a great way to irritate the hell out of Star Wars fans, which I am pretty much always down for. Jedi Maul though, that’s a pretty interesting concept and I’m almost sad we likely won’t ever see it come to life.
Based on all the alternate versions of each character, it seems like Battlefront IV would have dealt with alternate timelines very heavily. We’ve got Dark Side version of Luke, Obi-Wan, younger Obi-Wan, and even Leia, and Jedi versions of Darth Maul, Count Dooku, and Ventress. There are also some fascinating storyboards that include twisted versions of scenes from the prequels.
You can check out the full gallery of nearly 100 images released on Imgur, or check out some of the highlights below.
- Final Fantasy XIV and Final Fantasy XV are Hosting a Crossover - December 12, 2018
- Amy Hennig to Receive Life Achievement Award at GDC 2019 - December 12, 2018
- Fallout 76 Now Under Fire for Lazy Ultrawide Mode Update - December 12, 2018
- Wintersday Festival Kicks Off in Guild Wars 2 Today - December 12, 2018
- Final Fantasy XV’s Comrades Mode Goes Solo Today - December 12, 2018