WWE Superstar Jeff Hardy is reportedly ready to return from injury, just in time for WrestleMania and the Ultimate Deletion match between Matt Hardy and Bray Wyatt. However, that plan may have smashed into a guardrail and come to a screeching halt last night, as Hardy reportedly did the same with his Cadillac, causing an estimated $8000 in damage to the car and $5000 in damage to the guardrail. Subsequently, Hardy was arrested for Driving While Intoxicated.
Hardy, who has struggled with substance abuse throughout his career, is believed to have two strikes on his WWE Wellness Policy record from his previous stint in WWE. Three strikes on the wellness policy demand that the performer be fired, though the three strikes policy does not apply to alcohol or marijuana use, and it’s unclear what police believe Hardy was intoxicated on at the time of his arrest, though TMZ is reporting that it was alcohol and that Hardy blew a .25 on a breathalizer test.
In a statement to CBS Sports, WWE said, “Jeff Hardy is responsible for his own personal actions. We are investigating the matter and awaiting information from local law enforcement officials.”
Wrestling Inc. has the mug shot, which you can see below:
- DC Comics is Giving Away a CGC Graded Action Comics #1 Silver Foil Variant - May 24, 2018
- E! News Spoils Total Bellas, Says Nikki Bella and John Cena are Back Together - May 24, 2018
- GLAAD Calls on Studios to Feature LGBTQ Characters in 20% of Movies by 2021 - May 24, 2018
- Mark Millar: No Second Printings for Hit-Girl #5 - May 24, 2018
- When Mark Millar’s Daughter Hacked His Twitter Account - May 24, 2018