WWE Superstar Jeff Hardy is reportedly ready to return from injury, just in time for WrestleMania and the Ultimate Deletion match between Matt Hardy and Bray Wyatt. However, that plan may have smashed into a guardrail and come to a screeching halt last night, as Hardy reportedly did the same with his Cadillac, causing an estimated $8000 in damage to the car and $5000 in damage to the guardrail. Subsequently, Hardy was arrested for Driving While Intoxicated.
Hardy, who has struggled with substance abuse throughout his career, is believed to have two strikes on his WWE Wellness Policy record from his previous stint in WWE. Three strikes on the wellness policy demand that the performer be fired, though the three strikes policy does not apply to alcohol or marijuana use, and it’s unclear what police believe Hardy was intoxicated on at the time of his arrest, though TMZ is reporting that it was alcohol and that Hardy blew a .25 on a breathalizer test.
In a statement to CBS Sports, WWE said, “Jeff Hardy is responsible for his own personal actions. We are investigating the matter and awaiting information from local law enforcement officials.”
Wrestling Inc. has the mug shot, which you can see below:
- ComiXology is Holding an X-Men: Near Extinction Sale - August 17, 2018
- Travel Foreman, Niko Henrichon Join Donny Cates’s Marvel Knights Revamp - August 17, 2018
- Marvel to Address School Shootings in Champions #24 - August 17, 2018
- Hulk Hogan Asks: Hasn’t Hulk Hogan Apologized Enough? - August 17, 2018
- Vault Upgrades Wasted Space to Ongoing with 20-Issue Commitment - August 17, 2018