WWE Superstar Jeff Hardy is reportedly ready to return from injury, just in time for WrestleMania and the Ultimate Deletion match between Matt Hardy and Bray Wyatt. However, that plan may have smashed into a guardrail and come to a screeching halt last night, as Hardy reportedly did the same with his Cadillac, causing an estimated $8000 in damage to the car and $5000 in damage to the guardrail. Subsequently, Hardy was arrested for Driving While Intoxicated.
Hardy, who has struggled with substance abuse throughout his career, is believed to have two strikes on his WWE Wellness Policy record from his previous stint in WWE. Three strikes on the wellness policy demand that the performer be fired, though the three strikes policy does not apply to alcohol or marijuana use, and it’s unclear what police believe Hardy was intoxicated on at the time of his arrest, though TMZ is reporting that it was alcohol and that Hardy blew a .25 on a breathalizer test.
In a statement to CBS Sports, WWE said, “Jeff Hardy is responsible for his own personal actions. We are investigating the matter and awaiting information from local law enforcement officials.”
Wrestling Inc. has the mug shot, which you can see below:
- Experience Baba Von Doom’s Thrice-Baked Potatoes in Next Week’s Runaways #16 - December 16, 2018
- Morgan Le Fay Shows a Clear Lack of Gratitude in Weapon H #11 - December 16, 2018
- Frank Castle Defeated by Hydra? Next Week’s Punisher #5 - December 16, 2018
- What Does Loki Think of His Future? Next Week’s Infinity Wars Finale - December 16, 2018
- Relationship Troubles Abound in Next Week’s West Coast Avengers #6 - December 16, 2018