Maybe I’m slightly biased because of how much I LOVED Ex Machina, but I’ll see anything Alex Garland makes. Annihilation was pretty great, minus the final 10 minutes, and Karl Urban has now gone on record to say that Alex “directed Dredd” (which was AMAZING), so that puts more positive tally marks in Garland’s collum.
It appears his next project will be a tv series for FX- one that the cable network just put an official pilot order on, actually. It’ll be called Devs, and yes, it’ll deal with tech developers in Silicon Valley and San Francisco.
Garland has said the show is set in San Francisco and is only being designed for one self-contained season at this time, but IndieWire has said there is also the possibility the story could always continue.
He said of the series:
“It’s about a particular aspect of technology at the moment which is to do with very, very big data and very powerful processing power, and what can happen when you put those two things together. It’s set in San Francisco, a sort of tech story.
It’s a sort of science fiction, but it’s a much more technology based science fiction whereas ‘Annihilation’ is a more hallucinogenic form of sci fi and a more fantastical form of sci fi.
This is slightly more in common with projects I’ve worked on like ‘Ex Machina‘ or ‘Never Let Me Go,’ which are taking something about our world now — not our world in the future, but our world as it is right now — and then drawing sort of inferences and conclusions from it.
Reportedly, Alex Garland is looking at beginning the casting process, and plans to start filming the pilot within the next 6 months.
- Hold on to Your Butts – Jurassic Park Dinosaur Funko Pops Are Here!
- Let's Take a Look at the New Marvel Legends Cable Figure
- Mondo Music Release of the Week: Marvel's The Defenders Soundtrack
- Nicolas Cage Will Voice Superman in the Teen Titans GO! Movie
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald First LEGO Set Revealed
- FX Releases Trailer for 6th and Final Season of The Americans
- Karl Urban Gives a Mega-City One Update, Says Alex Garland Directed Dredd
- Annihilation Review: 5/6ths of a Masterpiece
- Annihilation Review: Disturbing, Fascinating, and an Amazing Cinematic Experience
- Tessa Thompson Talks About that All-Female Marvel Movie
- Annihilation Round-Up: Two Teasers, a Featurette, and a Viral Site
- Annihilation, The New Movie From Ex Machina's Director, Gets A 2018 Release Date
- What Kate Mulgrew Said About Captain Janeway Returning to Star Trek - October 20, 2018
- W. Earl Brown With Another ‘Deadwood’ Movie Update - October 20, 2018
- Wanna See a ‘The Simpsons’ 2018 Treehouse of Horror XXIX Clip? - October 20, 2018
- ‘Outlander’: Diana Gabaldon on [SPOILER]’S Return for Season 4 - October 20, 2018
- Games Workshop Celebrates 500th Store Opening: Free Swag, Limited Edition Minis - October 19, 2018