Do you remember those Magic Eye books from the ’90s? Apparently someone at WB sure does, because this set of three Ready Player One posters are a big giant 3D homage to them.
Posted early this morning, the three posters are color coordinated with the Keys from Anorak’s quest (copper, jade, and crystal) and offer some kind of hidden reveal. Maybe even a schooner.
The instructions for how to see the hidden image read:
MAGIC EYE® 3D INSTRUCTIONS: Place your nose close to your viewing device until the Magic Eye Image is blurry. Stare far beyond the image, as if you are looking at a sunset. Very slowly move away from the 3D image until you begin to see depth. Now hold still, try not to blink, and the hidden illusion will slowly appear. The longer you look, the clearer the illusion becomes.
Check ’em out:
These are an extremely limited print run of 4,000 and are only available to guests at the Ready Player One VR experience set up at South by Southwest (SXSW), where the film had its world premiere last night.
Early reviews are extremely positive, and some negative Nancys are saying it’s because director Steven Spielberg was in attendance. You can read the early reactions from audience members here, as well as Bleeding Cool film editor Kaitlyn Booth‘s review here. Both are spoiler free.
Ready Player One is set to hit theaters on March 29th and will have a sizeable presence at WonderCon in Anaheim later this month.
- Listen to Alan Silvestri's Ready Player One Main Theme
- 'Ready Player One' Releases 'Dreamer' Trailer, Yes There's Some New Footage
- Watch: 'Ready Player One' Author Ernie Cline Thanks Fans in New Video
- Mondo Music Release of the Week: Marvel's The Defenders Soundtrack
- [#SXSW] Walking Through the Ready Player One Activation
- [#SXSW] What We Learned from Twitter’s The Last Jedi Panel
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald First LEGO Set Revealed
- Mark Hamill Getting Emotional When Seeing Yoda is All of Us Too
- [#SXSW 2018] SPOILER-FREE Ready Player One Review: Visually Stunning and a Ton of Fun
- First Reactions for 'Ready Player One' Are in From #SXSW
- Ready Player One LIVE at #SXSW Powered by Twitch And IMDB
- Ready Player One World Premiere Will Happen at #SXSW
- These 'Ready Player One' Reimagined Classic Movie Posters Are AMAZING
- [SXSW] Ready Player One Events Announced
- Ready Player One: The High Five Announce Hot Topic PopUp Experience, New Footage
- Ready Player One: Hot Topic Releases Their Merchandise, And We Need It ALL
- Check Out These Funko 'Ready Player One' Pops!
- Ready Player One: Final Trailer Full of Pure Imagination
- Ready Player One 'The Stacks: Songs From The OASIS' Album Hits iTunes
- Steven Spielberg and Ernie Cline Talk Ready Player One, Plus NEW FOOTAGE
- D23 2019: Event Dates, Ticket Sales, and More Revealed - August 16, 2018
- Fathom Events is Bringing ‘Jurassic Park’ Back to Theaters - August 16, 2018
- One Way Carlton Cuse Would Be “Okay” with a ‘LOST’ Reboot - August 16, 2018
- ‘Westworld’ Creative Team Talk Season 2 Reactions and “F***ing Killing Robots” - August 16, 2018
- ‘Star Wars’ Spinoff Film Was Going to Use Tatooine as Setting - August 16, 2018