In the Overwatch League, Dallas Fuel has decided to part ways with popular player Félix “xQc” Lengyel.
xQc was always going to be a hot button topic coming into the Overwatch League. He is one of the league’s most popular players, at least in the West. He’s not like most in the league, with a huge streaming presence, making his personality as much a part of his name as his technical skill as a Tank player. That came to a head early in the competition’s run as he was suspended for a homophobic remark he made during one of his streams about another player. He sat out all of Stage 1 for the remark, and had come back to decent performances in the early part of Stage 2, but trouble arose again as he found himself suspended once again at the end of last week.
It seems that has made the relationship with his team somewhat untenable as Dallas Fuel and xQc have now decided to part ways. In a press release put out by the team, Owner Mike Rufail praised Lengyel and wish him future success.
There are few players out there who have achieved as much success in as short a time as Félix has in competitive Overwatch. Ultimately, it was in the best interest of our organization and Félix to part ways before the expiration of his contract. No one wants to see Félix succeed more than we do, and we believe he has a bright future ahead of him. I want to thank him for his time and the passion he brought to the Dallas Fuel.
For now, Lengyel is a free agent.
Personally, I would like to see a future where xQc can grow past the more problematic aspects of his persona that don’t mesh with the Overwatch League’s standards. He is a fun and hyperactive character, and sports can always do with some big personalities. Here’s hoping this ends up best for everyone.
- Overwatch League's Code of Conduct is Leaked to Public
- Overwatch Shows Off the Artwork That Went Into Brigitte
- Overwatch Will Nerf Sombra Again in the Next Patch
- Brigitte Will Be Added to Overwatch on March 20th
- Report Says a Battle Royale Mode is Being Tested for the Next Battlefield - April 19, 2018
- Map Selection Being Added to PUBG Very Soon - April 19, 2018
- Overwatch’s New Rialto Map is Currently Live on the PTR - April 19, 2018
- Serious Sam 4: Planet Badass Announced With Teaser Trailer - April 19, 2018
- Epic Games Says New Fortnite Maps Aren’t a Priority - April 18, 2018