If you were worried that Chris Hardwick was going to run out of work soon — you know, besides his Talking shows on AMC — have no fear. NBC has renewed the Hardwick-hosted game show The Wall for a 20-episode third season. The series kicked off in December 2016 and got a 20-episode renewal a few weeks later. Season 2 premiered January 1st and the series has been averaging a 1.2 in ratings and 6 million total viewers, with February 5th being the show’s season high.
The game features a two-person team connected through either family, friends, or life experience, competing for a cash prize. For every right question, a green ball falls down the five-story wall and the cash value of that ball is added to their winning total. For every wrong answer a red ball falls and that amount is subtracted from the winning total. They can win up to $12 million dollars, but have to work at a team to win.
Paul Telegdy, President of Alternative & Reality Group at NBC, thinks the success of the series comes from the life-changing aspect of the game.
Not only is The Wall intense, heartwarming and funny, but if the ball drops into a high-dollar slot, an entire family’s fortune can be completely changed for the better. Huge congratulations to Universal Television Alternative Studio, Glassman Media and SpringHill Entertainment for producing a series that is not only compelling television but has the potential to be life-changing for our contestants.
The format The Wall uses is currently airing in 20 territories around the world.
- Read Jim Butcher’s Dresden Files: Fool Moon #1, Part of Dynamite’s Latest Digital Bundle - March 22, 2018
- Crazy Ex-Girlfriend’s Rachel Bloom to Appear on iZombie - March 22, 2018
- Magicians Season 3, Episode 11: Messing Around with Time - March 22, 2018
- Supernatural Season 13: Things are Going to Get Rough for Sam - March 22, 2018
- Agents of SHIELD Season 5: Will We Learn Who Destroyed the World? - March 22, 2018