Anna Paquin is keeping herself busy, with the True Blood star following up recent well-received runs on WGN America’s Bellevue, Amazon’s Philip K. Dick’s Electric Dreams and Netflix’s Alias Grace with Pop TV‘s upcoming drama-comedy series Flack. Created by Oliver Lansley (Whites, Alice’s Adventures Underground) and directed by Peter Cattaneo (The Full Monty), the limited series of six hour-long episodes is expected to begin production in London later this month.
Paquin said in a statement:
“Oliver Lansley has written six of the best scripts I’ve ever read. He walks that fine line between intense character-driven drama and exceptionally intelligent humor. My character, Robyn, exists in a world where there are no moral absolutes and humor is used as a sharply executed defense mechanism to maintain the illusion of perpetual control. I am incredibly excited about tackling the creative complexities of Flack as an actress and for my company CASM’s collaboration with Pop.”
Flack is set to focus on successful London-based publicity connoisseur Robyn (Paquin) and her life in the extremely competitive and celebrity-driven world of public relations. While her wit helps her accomplish her professional responsibilities, her personal life is often neglected. Robyn deals with high-profile clients, including entertainment, fashion, and sports personalities; and tackles issues that surface when working in the modern digital age in which scandals easily go viral.
“Flack is extremely poignant, smartly exploring an age in which for better or for worse, news happens in a breath. This series captures the often funny and sometimes damaging results that ensue, with Anna Paquin as the dream lead who brings it all to life.”
– Justin Rosenblatt, Executive Vice-President, Original Programming, Pop TV
Flack is executive produced by Lansley, Paquin, Cerise Hallam Larkin, Stephen Moyer and Mark Larkin (CASM Films); Jimmy Mulville (Episodes), and Helen Williams of Hat Trick Productions.
- Mondo Music Release of the Week: Marvel's The Defenders Soundtrack
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald First LEGO Set Revealed
- Mark Hamill Getting Emotional When Seeing Yoda is All of Us Too
- Diamond Select Toys in August: Arrow, Ghostbusters, Pacific Rim, and More
- ‘The Joker’ Test Footage Reveals Joaquin Phoenix’s Disturbingly Simple Clown Prince of Crime - September 21, 2018
- REVIEW: It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia s13e03 ‘The Gang Beats Boggs: Ladies Reboot’ - September 21, 2018
- Black Lightning Season 2 Premiere Summary: “Team Lightning” Faces Green Light Fallout - September 21, 2018
- Chris Evans to Star, EP Limited Series Thriller ‘Defending Jacob’ for Apple - September 21, 2018
- Stargirl: Nickelodeon’s Brec Bassinger to Lead DC Universe Series - September 20, 2018