It looks like 2018 is going to be a productive year for Chucklefish. After announcing a new project called Spellbound, and with the multiplayer additions coming to Stardew Valley, the company has released a new trailer today for an upcoming indie RPG title called Pathway, being developed by Robotality.
Below is the complete description the company loaded up today on the game’s official steam page, along with the announcement trailer. The game feels like it’s got a bit of an Indiana Jones/Uncharted kind of vibe going for it, which makes for a very cool way to present an RPG, as you strive to save your kidnapped friend and have adventures along the way. The game also appears to be a spiritual successor to 2014’s Halfway, which isn’t too shabby, either.
THE YEAR IS 1936…
It is a time of global unrest as German military influence is spreading throughout Europe and the Middle East. Rumors of frantic excavations and strange artifacts, not to mention ghastly occult rituals, have begun to surface across secret communication channels…
THEY TOOK OUR FRIEND…
Morten has vanished. The Nazis took him because he interfered with their occult research. We have to rescue him before it’s too late. And afterwards, who knows what other adventures await?
- THRILLING VISUALS – Classic 16-bit pixel art enhanced with unprecedented depth, lighting and shadows using Pixel/Voxel Hybrid Technology.
- DYNAMIC ADVENTURES – No two adventures are the same; each campaign generates a new procedural map and a different set of unique story encounters.
- TOUGH CHOICES – Every location you visit presents a new hand-crafted story event to explore. Search the well? Save the villagers? It’s up to you!
- DECISIVE CONFLICTS – Use cover and positioning in exciting turn-based squad combat. Learn to maximize your items and abilities, as well as your team members’ strengths, in ruthless and clever ways!
- HIDDEN TREASURES – Discover rare artifacts to unlock new content and adventures! Recruit from 16 unique companions, each with their own starting equipment and skill trees!