If you haven’t heard the cool news yet, the first three Tomb Raider games made back in the ’90s are getting a remaster from Realtech VR for Steam. The company revealed some really cool news on Twitter that actually got buried until a few different outlets picked it up this weekend. As you can see from the tweet below, if you own any of the original versions on Steam, you’ll get the newly remastered versions for free.
TR1-3 remaster for PC are planned for Steam for free and will requires the purchase of the DOS version being sold on Steam (like ZDoom playing Doom games). Also the PC version will supports OpenVR and features a new 3D engine for both 3 games.
— realtech VR (@realtech_VR) March 1, 2018
I remember playing the originals in all their blocky goodness, so seeing a remastered version is quite a sight. There’s already a mobile remaster version of the first two games on mobile from the company, and if the Steam versions turn out even half as good, they’ll still be an improvement over the originals. There’s currently no release date set for any of the games yet, but that at least gives you time to go buy the originals and prepare to get the new ones down the road.
- Realtech VR Cancels the Tomb Raider Remasters for PC
- Tomb Raider Review: FINALLY, A Video Game Movie That Isn't Cringe-Worthy
- Daredevil, Saga, and Doomsday Clock Top Advance Reorders
- 2 New Clips from Tomb Raider Tease Some Crazy Stunts
- Lara Croft Joins Final Fantasy Brave Exvius for Collaboration Event
- Captain Marvel Screenwriter Talks About The "Action-Comedy" Tone
- Captain Marvel Writer Shares Why the Character was a Joy to Write
- Bandai Namco Unveil Kane’s First Jump Force Pics - October 22, 2018
- The Classic Tetris World Championship Has a New King - October 22, 2018
- MediEvil is Supposed to Get An Update Sometime in the Next Few Weeks - October 21, 2018
- Tekken 7: Fated Retribution – Round 2 Will Hit Japan in February - October 21, 2018
- Ubisoft Shutting Down Online Services for a Few Old Titles - October 21, 2018