Rare has announced an impromptu “final beta” for Sea of Thieves, and it is available to everyone on PC and Xbox One now.
Sea of Thieves has had several testing phases in the last few months. The game has gone from closed Alphas to closed betas, meaning that selected audiences have been able to get their hands on the game and its world pretty extensively. During its last phase of testing, it shot up the Twitch charts, too, proving there most certainly is a desire to watch and enjoy the tomfoolery that the game excels in providing.
If you haven’t yet had the chance to try it yet though, your time has come. This morning, Rare announced that Sea of Thieves has gotten one last beta and anyone can join in. I say “has gotten” because it is already live for you to hop into, whether you are on Xbox One or PC.
The beta is running until March 11th at 10 a.m. GMT, which means there isn’t all that much time to get your play time in. The Final Beta has the most content out of any of the testing phases so far, as the Merchant Guild will now give you quests to find animals and there are now Skeleton camps which you will be able to raid. Rare have put out this video detailing the beta further.
I’ve enjoyed my time with Sea of Thieves immensely thus far. The game’s lacked systems to compel you to get into a loop in previous betas, but the world and action are incredibly compelling. This game shows so much promise, and it is great that now more players can get out there and try it for themselves. So go get your sea legs about you — it’s free after all.
- Sea Of Thieves Releases the Full List of Achievements
- Sea of Thieves Launches $100K Golden Bananas Quest
- More Syncing and Interactive Updates Coming to Xbox One in the Spring
- Halo Infinite Won’t Have a Battle Royale Mode - July 20, 2018
- Todd Howard Doesn’t Want to Remaster Morrowind - July 20, 2018
- Microsoft Controls Whether Alan Wake and Quantum Break Get Sequels, Says Remedy - July 18, 2018
- Base Game and Previous Expansions Now Part of World of Warcraft’s Subscription - July 18, 2018
- Destiny 2 Adds Bounties Back into the Game Alongside Other Improvements in New Patch - July 18, 2018