Black Mask has released a preview of Come Into Me, the new comic by Lonnie Nadler & Zac Thompson, Piotr Kowalski, and Niko Guardia. If you’ve seen the cover and media coverage for the book, you know to expect something unsettling — but if you’re squeamish about medical procedures, the pages below might be downright horrifying!
As a scientist explains a breakthrough in healing technology that appears to allow the transfer of consciousness from one body to another, we’re treated to a graphic look at the procedure, which involves some particularly gross equipment that looks like it’s made out of entrails. Needless to say, something goes horribly wrong during the procedure.
Here’s the synopsis of the book:
From the critically acclaimed writers of The Dregs and the artist of Image Comics’ SEX comes a new horror series about body image, social media, and memory.
When an entrepreneur with a god complex creates a technology that allows two minds to share one body, he doesn’t anticipate the degenerative effects of long-term trials. COME INTO ME is a contemporary comment on connected culture and our longing for approval in the digital age.
This is a world where technology and flesh become indistinguishable, begging the question, “How much sharing is too much sharing?”
Prepare yourself for the insane lovechild of The Fly and Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind.
Check out the preview below, with covers by Piotr Kowalski and Devmalya Pramanik. The first issue of Come Into Me hits stores on Wednesday, March 14th (that’s this coming Wednesday).
- Marvel’s Hip Hop Variants to Appear on Actual Hip Hop Albums - October 22, 2018
- Mark Brooks Stands Up for Breasts and Feet on Uncanny X-Men #1 Variants - October 22, 2018
- Marvel Comics Presents: The Time Incredible Hulk Beat the Crap Out of Hulk Hogan - October 21, 2018
- Marvel Comics Presents: The Time Union Jack Resisted Thatcher’s England in 1990 - October 21, 2018
- Marvel Comics Presents: The Time Marvel Mocked a Beloved Republican President in 1990 - October 21, 2018