Bandai Namco released another Developer Diary trailer for SoulCalibur VI this week, this time they focus on one of the latest characters to be added to the game’s mythology in Grøh. Yet again, you’re treated to an all-Japanese explanation, but fear not, it is translated in Closed Captioning. Grøh is apparently Norwegian in origin because they wanted to add someone with a Northern European look to the game, making him a very intense character with a backstory that you’ll need to play the game through in order to get all the nuances and finer details from.
Grøh gets a new weapon called the Double Saber, which can be used as a double-blade (think Darth Maul’s lightsaber) or it can be split into two swords, which is a first for the series. A lot of detail went into making this character unique from all the others rather than a carbon copy of someone else with a new skin splashed on. You can watch the full video for yourself below as we don’t want to totally spoil the experience for you, as we slowly make our way toward the eventual 2018 release of the game on Xbox One, PS4, and PC.
- Bandai Namco Show Off Geralt's Moves in SoulCalibur VI
- More Syncing and Interactive Updates Coming to Xbox One in the Spring
- Nightmare Gets His Own Trailer for SoulCalibur VI
- Rumor Mill: Possible Guest Characters For SoulCalibur VI Leaked
- Ivy Valentine and Zasalamel Both Return to SoulCalibur VI
- Bandai Namco Release New Images of 4 SoulCalibur VI Characters
- Check Out 47 Minutes' Worth of SoulCalibur VI Character Fights
- Twitch Announces New Monetization with Bits in Extensions - April 23, 2018
- Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia Releases New Trailer at England’s Inception - April 23, 2018
- Skydance Interactive Announces Archangel: Hellfire with New Trailer - April 23, 2018
- TinyBuild Games Releases Extended Gameplay Trailer for Garage - April 23, 2018
- Vampire: The Masquerade Creators Get a New Distribution Deal for 5E - April 23, 2018