If you’re driving around with Google Maps tomorrow and you happen to see yourself represented by a mustached plumber in a go-kart, don’t be alarmed. That’s just a special little event Nintendo and Google are partnering up for. According to a story on The Verge, the two companies will be celebrating all things Mario tomorrow because March 10th is Mario Day. (Mar. 10 = Mario. Get it? You get it?!? GET IT!!!) Anyway, part of that fun will be that Google Maps will be integrating a special Mario Kart theme into their app for iOS and Android that will include characters representing cars and Question Blocks representing locations. If you hit the blocks 100 times, you’ll even hear a 1-Up sound.
This isn’t the first time Google Maps has played around with their system for an event. A few years ago for April Fools Day, Pokémon took over the maps system on a global scale trying to get people to catch all 150 that were hidden around the globe (which we successfully did, including all the secret ones). This is a one-day event, however, and there’s no prizes or anything to be had from the event, so basically just enjoy it as you’re driving around.
- Nintendo Drops Free Breath of the Wild DLC in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
- You Can Now Play Mario Kart 8 Deluxe With Labo Gear
- Valve Want to Get Back Into Shipping Games
- Nintendo Finally Gives Us A Release Date For Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition
- Undertale is Finally Coming to the Nintendo Switch... Eventually
- Arms Announces a New U.S. and Canada Online Tournament for Switch
- Dark Souls Remastered Confirmed for Nintendo Switch Release
- Oculus Co-Founder Brendan Iribe Departs After Project Cancellation - October 22, 2018
- Players Are Slamming Shadow of the Tomb Raider After Sudden Sale - October 22, 2018
- Nintendo Switch to get Mercenaries Wings: The False Phoenix - October 22, 2018
- Blizzard is Giving Away Diablo III Switch Bundles in a Treasure Hunt - October 22, 2018
- The Enclave Faction Returns in Fallout 76 - October 22, 2018