If you’re driving around with Google Maps tomorrow and you happen to see yourself represented by a mustached plumber in a go-kart, don’t be alarmed. That’s just a special little event Nintendo and Google are partnering up for. According to a story on The Verge, the two companies will be celebrating all things Mario tomorrow because March 10th is Mario Day. (Mar. 10 = Mario. Get it? You get it?!? GET IT!!!) Anyway, part of that fun will be that Google Maps will be integrating a special Mario Kart theme into their app for iOS and Android that will include characters representing cars and Question Blocks representing locations. If you hit the blocks 100 times, you’ll even hear a 1-Up sound.
This isn’t the first time Google Maps has played around with their system for an event. A few years ago for April Fools Day, Pokémon took over the maps system on a global scale trying to get people to catch all 150 that were hidden around the globe (which we successfully did, including all the secret ones). This is a one-day event, however, and there’s no prizes or anything to be had from the event, so basically just enjoy it as you’re driving around.
- Nintendo Drops Free Breath of the Wild DLC in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
- You Can Now Play Mario Kart 8 Deluxe With Labo Gear
- Valve Want to Get Back Into Shipping Games
- Nintendo Finally Gives Us A Release Date For Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition
- Undertale is Finally Coming to the Nintendo Switch... Eventually
- Arms Announces a New U.S. and Canada Online Tournament for Switch
- Dark Souls Remastered Confirmed for Nintendo Switch Release
- Strange Brigade Receives an Extended Gameplay Trailer - August 14, 2018
- Relive the Entire Daniel Bryan Saga as a WWE 2K19 Storyline - August 14, 2018
- Patrick Stewart Will Join ‘My Memory of Us’ as the Narrator - August 14, 2018
- Sony Releases a New Launch Trailer for Marvel’s Spider-Man - August 13, 2018
- Necrobarista Reveals PS4 Version and Free Demo on the Way - August 13, 2018